Request for help in finding an article in Western & Eastern Treasures
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2012
    North Dakota
    Tesoro Toltec 100
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Request for help in finding an article in Western & Eastern Treasures

Hello all. I'm hoping someone here can help me to find an article (and possibly the issue number, etc.) which was in Western & Eastern Treasures in either 2010 or 2011. It concerns an 1884 S Morgan dollar which was found in Devils Lake North Dakota by a friend of mine... Royce Caldwell. It was found on a site where a few shooting exhibitions had taken place in the late 1800's to early 1900's.

This particular dollar was hit by a bullet which did not go through. About thirty feet away he found a cartridge which seems to be of the same caliber of the bullet that hit the dollar.

I'm now the owner of both the coin and the cartridge casing and would like to keep the history together with them. He said he'd submitted the article and it was published in W&E Treasures, if he remembers correctly, in an issue from either 2010 or 2011.

If possible, if someone here could check and see if they could find this article and provide a scanned copy of it I'd be deeply grateful. If you can also pass on the issue date/number then I'm hoping I'll be able to purchase that back issue in order to keep it with the coin and cartridge case.

Will keep my fingers tightly crossed. Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

God bless,

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot Dollar 1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	611243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot Dollar 2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	611244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot Dollar cartridge 3.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	611245  

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links