nddfw

Feb 26, 2012
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Request for help in finding an article in Western & Eastern Treasures

Hello all. I'm hoping someone here can help me to find an article (and possibly the issue number, etc.) which was in Western & Eastern Treasures in either 2010 or 2011. It concerns an 1884 S Morgan dollar which was found in Devils Lake North Dakota by a friend of mine... Royce Caldwell. It was found on a site where a few shooting exhibitions had taken place in the late 1800's to early 1900's.

This particular dollar was hit by a bullet which did not go through. About thirty feet away he found a cartridge which seems to be of the same caliber of the bullet that hit the dollar.

I'm now the owner of both the coin and the cartridge casing and would like to keep the history together with them. He said he'd submitted the article and it was published in W&E Treasures, if he remembers correctly, in an issue from either 2010 or 2011.

If possible, if someone here could check and see if they could find this article and provide a scanned copy of it I'd be deeply grateful. If you can also pass on the issue date/number then I'm hoping I'll be able to purchase that back issue in order to keep it with the coin and cartridge case.

Will keep my fingers tightly crossed. Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

God bless,

Dan

Attachments

• Shot Dollar 1.jpg
    Shot Dollar 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Shot Dollar 2.jpg
    Shot Dollar 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Shot Dollar cartridge 3.jpg
    Shot Dollar cartridge 3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 207