Metal Detecting on the beach in Sebastion, Vero Beach or Ft. Pierce Florida

Summerville Joe

Aug 24, 2006
South Carolina
birdstone said:
I have been told that you may no longer use metal detectors on the beaches of the 'Treasure Coast', due to the fact that they (the powers that be), do not want endangered turtles nests to be disturbed, is this true?

I detected at Wabasso beach this past summer and did reag good. I talked to the lifeguard and he said people are there every day with their detectors. They usually ribbon off the turtle nesting areas here in the Charleston SC area.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work the Treasure Beaches often. The Turtle nests are more often then not marked with yellow tape. those that are not are easy to spot once you've seen a few. Stay away from them and stay out of the water. Other then that, GO FOR IT!!
Deepsix

OP
OP
B

birdstone

Thanks all for the heads-up...
Ya'll seem to know , so I'll ask... The last time I was at the inlet in Sebastion there was a beach renourishment thing going on. How do you think it has affected , if at all, MD'in? Also, you warned to "stay out of the water and I'll be fine" is that because of Mel's lease? Does that also mean that recreational diving is forbidden? What if...? Thanks again for the input.
JAS

ps.
what kind of goodies you been finding?

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I have been three times to the area but have not found anything of value...
you should go just after a storm hits the beaches...or better yet, be there during the storm...good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread