Not much below ground but plenty above

B

Bev

I was able to go out with friends yesterday and had a good time. No set schedule, no competition, just fooling around.

This area was pretty interesting, a few cold cellar stone foundations, a few wells and about a dozen overgrown blueberry bushes in the lower grove. There was a strange cement square 3' x 3' x 4' deep hole in the ground with a stone room under it that I just had to go in and check out. After some thought I think it was a dry well because there was a pipe through the side. The bottom had all kinds of bottles and plates and it's a bottle-diggers dream.

Anyway I didnt spend a lot of time hunting below ground but above I found a few items above ground, a plated purse frame, a perfume bottle, and only a key below. I left behind a good size broken piece of American Brilliant Cut Glass that I think I'll go back for. It's a beautiful purple from the sun and intricate designs and will catch the sun nicely in my little garden that has my iron finds and my silly brick collection. Whenever I find a brick with writing on it I always grab it!

Any of you have collections that you've inadvertently started?

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 386

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions