Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invite the guy in to your group and tell him there is a $10 (gold piece) fee.

raycan

Mar 8, 2009
Texarkana, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Spectra V3I, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans said:
Invite the guy in to your group and tell him there is a $10 (gold piece) fee.
Great response!!!!

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
LLanos said:
How big of an "old boy" is he?

He was a little guy ,and trust me I had some weird thoughts going through my head for a second ,just a second though :thumbsup:

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should have offered him ten dollars. But I think the only thing you can tell yourself is the same thing I tell myself "get over it". :icon_sunny:

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is one then the odds of another are pretty good. So get back out ther and find it and stop whining. :whip2:

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
bluehunter1973 said:
should have offered him ten dollars. But I think the only thing you can tell yourself is the same thing I tell myself "get over it". :icon_sunny:
I am trying LOL

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
pwcguy said:
If there is one then the odds of another are pretty good. So get back out ther and find it and stop whining. :whip2:
I am grateful though,I pulled a 1919 slq and a large silver ring from the park ,I will recover LOL

LLanos

Feb 13, 2012
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Compass Liberty 100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course I was in jest earlier, but in all seriousness, you have a great place to detect. Cherish that.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you should be grateful someone you know found a gold piece - be happy you found some serious silver and your area isn't all hunted to death like the areas around me. I'd be really happy (and a bit jealous too) that someone found gold, but at least you can say YOU KNOW A GUY... ;D

I hope you got some pictures. :icon_thumright:

and like other posters said if he found one, well you might just have to get back out there and start looking -there is likely to be more out there...start digging your pull tabs! :icon_pirat:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging1971guy

May be this will help, what detector are you using, and what detector was he using that mite be the difference right there. plus the loop has to go over it, or at lest get close enough to register. and make the detector sound off.

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
could be worst if he found it in a spot you went over :laughing9:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be at that park non stop, there are probably more. Good luck................Scott.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In all my years detecting I only saw 1 guy find a gold coin. We had a group club outing at a park and he was following 2 other people detecting going up an open field. They passed right over it and I thought nobody would find anything on the slope.
I'm betting the ones that missed it felt worse than me for not finding it, but I also realized that things can be found in the most unlikely places. I no longer assume that nothing will be in certain places without at least trying.

Could be another gold coin around there....

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread