Permission granted

emesis

Mar 12, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Last week I mentioned the incredibly rude man who just about threatened me as I was in the act of asking about hunting his land. It really bothered me( I'm a sensitive guy), and I questioned myself about stopping randomly to gain permission ever again. Fortunately that did not last.
Yesterday I stopped at an old home (which I have seen for years, but never saw anyone in the driveway) and talked to the owner of the land. He not only gave me the green light to hunt, he gave me the entire history of the property. It's roots go back to the late 1600's. The house was built in 1753. There are 120 acres of fields and woodlands, many root cellars and stone walls. He even showed me the bottle dump.
The moral of the story is; For every jerk you meet, there are 10 nice people. This man was a joy to talk to. Anyways, it pays off to be persistant and to be cordial. I may never find anything there, but the experience of meeting truely nice people is as good as finding treasure.

PFP

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks PFP,

I personally needed to hear this one. After getting threatened I would definitely be shy about trying again. It is good to know it can be done. Good luck.

Ed D.

Davisdog

Jul 18, 2006
Spanaway, WA
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300
Good for you!!!! So far, for private land, I've had one "NO!!!!" and one "Yes, happy hunting."

Sounds like a spot with a lot of potential. Good luck and let's have some pictures.

S

sendin

That is great! Way to go. Never give up. I bet you'll do well there.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a threat very badly......night ninja time ;D

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
great job getting back on the horse that threw you. Ive got a few places ive been wanting to ask after,Id feel really funny knocking on the door,Ive read that some people mail a letter to the address,guess Im hoping to see someone outside by one of these spots and try and approach them that way. Hearing that there really are nice people in places other than TN helps with the confidence.

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Night Stalker said:
I would take a threat very badly......night ninja time ;D
i would have to agree with you on that one! Just watch out for the dogs!

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I recall that I was prospecting in the Oro Blanco area south of Tucson. I came across an old homestead. There was a little wooden bridge across a dry creek bed. There was also a sign that siad " DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH-TRESPASS AND FIND OUT FOR SURE".
There was an old women sitting in a rocking chair on the little front porch facing the bridge. She looked like something out of the 1800's. Across her lap was a 30-30 Winchester. I DID NOT cross that bridge..

Later that day I came across a pile of white rocks. I took the pile of rocks apart and discovered a Prince Albert can. Inside the can was a claim paper dated 1912. The location was BLOODY GULCH.
I still have that claim paper.
If I can find the thing I will post it on the forum.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread