Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They dont have to find gold, there getting paid to do the show.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
lookindown said:

That was going to be my point. Everytime they start the show with the introduction down on theri luck miners from Oregon, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm lets see they get paid to do the show . So how can anyone feel sorry for them at all.

Bubba65

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 + PROformance coil/ Vibra-probe 580 / Waitin' for enough finds to finance an AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
It's all scripted, fake tv drama. Doesn't anyone remember episode 1, season 1? They sold the airport to finance the gold venture, yet they're sitting in it at the end of season 2! It's all lies and make believe for the cameras and ratings.

Yeah and at the end of season 1 they decided they were going to the Klondike and then at the start of season 2 they pretended that they were going to keep mining the (gag) "Glory Hole".

Totally fake BS.

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Still like Dave he butts heads with fat boy. I wish he would kick his rear all over the claim. I should go during mining season and hide in the bushes and the rush him in the open were he wont have the chance to hide I guarantee you not even his dad would help him. Its amazing how they are so broke but yea they still have planes and an airport and can waste machinery. Me and friend who watched the episodes laughed because we could see how much gold they were washing out of their set up. But the biggest mystery of all is how he is getting fatter and fatter. How much food did he bring to the klondike hell you figure he would lose a little weight. One joke to is how they say they are americans and are trying to live the dream but their mining in Canada.

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why he is claiming a thousand ounces next year he has one cut to go. He knows he wont get thirty but the season will pay him more.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bluehunter1973 said:
Thats why he is claiming a thousand ounces next year he has one cut to go. He knows he wont get thirty but the season will pay him more.

They're like;y moving on to other claims. Over on the Discovery Channel forum someone found the public records showing that Todd and Dave and I think one of the other guys all have claims staked in their names.
As far as Fred goes, he told Todd to his face last season he wanted to mine PC. The owner terminated the Hoffman lease. If anyone was claimjumping, it was Todd by showing up to work a claim he knew he had no lease on.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
handy said:
1000 oz of gold next season RIGHT. dont think that will happen. did you hear parker the only reason why he got the visit from the inspectors is because the hoffmans :) i think he is right on that one.

Dittos.

Parker and his Granddad are the only two reasons I watched the show last season.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
kuger said:
old digger said:
I fully agree! I personally think they also need to clean out their sluice box a little more often. They are losing too much gold. I like that Schnable fella, I think he has a future in mining.

actually no,if they had the right "box",and tuned right,you normally clean out once a week.That downtime takes hours,hours that you arent running dirt.
Also,Harness got a free back surgery so dont open the pity bag too wide

Hmmm, what if someone could come up with a way to clean out without stopping the flow of material.... Hmmmmm, I wonder ;)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
mrs.oroblanco said:
Hey Jeffro,

Just talking about you yesterday - not bad - I was talking about your state, and some of things you had said about logging.

Todd - that's the Hoffmans? That was a rotten thing for those guys to get kicked off the claim after all that work. Oh well.

Hope things are good up your way.

Yeah going pretty good there Beth, thanks for asking. Met a great gal, Randy is doing great with the whole transition, and I'm closer the the gold fields. Time to do more exploring ;) Last time I went off the beaten path we did pretty good, so heres hoping for the best :)

Forests here are still doing well, we have 30 million acres (roughly half the state) that's still green and producing. :)

Beth

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bubba65 said:
lookindown said:

That was going to be my point. Everytime they start the show with the introduction down on theri luck miners from Oregon, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm lets see they get paid to do the show . So how can anyone feel sorry for them at all.

Bubba65

Supposedly they get paid 40k per episode. Split between how many guys? And operating costs? Can you imagine what gas and diesel costs in Alaska? Yeah, they get paid for the show...... but thinking they are prospering? I don't think so.

Clearing gold and getting paid for it? I can only dream.... wish I'da thought of pitching a show for it, following me around prospecting for spots.

This season I am getting back into it. So the spots I'm going back to are the best of the best when I didn't mine so much over the last few years. Hey. a quarter ounce a day is now worth something. ;)

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haworth said:
The whole crew have no common sense ... I would like to re-run all the waste they sent out of the box ..I bet you would at least double the gold they recovered !!

I was thinking that the whole 2nd season!

Chukers

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought I'd tell them to sell all that gear and go buy a 8 Inch Nessie Dredge then build a barrel trommel with a shaker table and a series of riffles and capture box onto a barge that can be towed by the Nessie. Ship the home contraption to Nome and become part of the Bering Sea Gold group.
Then I read this URL: http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/2204-Gold-Rush-Shows-Offshore-Dredging-at-Nome and maybe it'd be cheaper just to get a lease from Mel Fisher's family and work the 1715 fleet. :sign13:

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
todd is full of it :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: I really wonder if they will have a mec next season??

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I firgured someone would get canned. I am surprised the Puffman crew hasn't said anything on how Morphine Jack is ALWAYS ALL ALONE, (even without the camera crew), wieghing out the gold!!!! I would bet anything Ole Morphine Jack is hiding a few ounces at a time when he is weighing the cool yellow metal!!!

If I was on a crew mining for gold and we were to get an equal share, I would certainly vent that EVERYONE should be there for the clean out AND WEIGHING of the gold!!!!! JM $0.02!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
I firgured someone would get canned. I am surprised the Puffman crew hasn't said anything on how Morphine Jack is ALWAYS ALL ALONE, (even without the camera crew), wieghing out the gold!!!! I would bet anything Ole Morphine Jack is hiding a few ounces at a time when he is weighing the cool yellow metal!!!

If I was on a crew mining for gold and we were to get an equal share, I would certainly vent that EVERYONE should be there for the clean out AND WEIGHING of the gold!!!!! JM $0.02!!!

I wonderd that from the first episode
he decided he needed to be alone to weigh it.
surprisingly with no camera ?

idigjars

Feb 27, 2012
SW Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to see what Parker is up to is why I watch the show. I think the other's can be obnoxious at times. Paul :)

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any one of those crews (except the kid, Parker) were MY crews, I'd be getting new crews.

As far as I'm concerned, they come off looking idiotic (who mines without testing, really?), and they have spent the better part of 2 seasons "shut er down and lets do----------nothing. They are like road workers, one works and the others stand around and do nothing.

I wonder, does James get screwed out of a cut?

I, personally think it is meant to portray miners as dimwitted, greedy, argumentative and lazy.

Where is my Ice Road Truckers? :BangHead:

Beth

To all,

They're standing around doing nothing because none of them know "come here from sick em." Toad and Father time are ridiculous. Christo found the dumbest men possible and set them up to mine. I was drawn in by the story at first, but I am dissapointed, the reason most can't make it in mining or construction is it takes professionals. The largest group coming into construction as first time employees are not 18-30; the largest group is 30-42. Men leaving office jobs and fast food to make better money. In my opinion, they should stay put. Also, I work road construction, for the better of the last 10yrs and have taken offense to your comment. Everyone complains about a road sucking, then they ***** because traffic is a mess, when its all done everyone complains about how long it took. If we were only able to shut traffic down and take the entire roadway we'd be done in a third of the time. I manage a main line paving operation on I-95; which is the busiest highway in the nation, we risk our lives every night during the warm season milling up the old roadway and place new asphalt in the hole. We're in a race with time each and every night. We can't get on the roadway until 6:30pm(1st lane) and 9:30pm (middle lane) and have to be completely off by 6:30am. There isn't a man on my crew standing around while another works. If we don't work as a crew we will not be off the roadway in time or we won't make any money and someone will be gone. So, please in the future don't talk about something you know nothing about. I have never gold mined in my life; but have been involved in mining for construction materials, rock, sand and the like for making concrete and asphalt. The process isn't much different than gold mining. I am curious what do you do for a living? Work in an office? Does your husband work in fast food? You must making snide comments about men that work for a living.

ThatguysRat

Last edited by a moderator:

alz

Jul 9, 2013
kelowna, bc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all scripted, fake tv drama. Doesn't anyone remember episode 1, season 1? They sold the airport to finance the gold venture, yet they're sitting in it at the end of season 2! It's all lies and make believe for the cameras and ratings.

agreed.
if I remember, they were all bankrupt after first season since they pulled very little out of the ground.
it reminds me of how government works; its like any "reality tv"; it isn't "real". its' all scripted...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread