The bill in Florida

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I saw this on another forum/facebook.

------------ATTENTION ALL TREASURE HUNTERS----------

This is our final stand! We must not fail, or other states will soon follow, believe me when I say, other states are watching!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know, Senate Bill #868 has passed both the house and senate and goes up before the Governor, soon to be signed into law. Please post on his Facebook page and ask him to VETO the bill until it can be better written to protect treasure hunters, metal detectorists and historical shipwreck professional community members and those who collect and sell artifacts!

http://www.facebook.com/​scottforflorida

I just called the Governor. Please do the same (850)488-7146....Power in numbers!!!! Please call now! Let's flood those lines! His Facebook page is also listed.

(Post this on his wall if you do not wish to write your own- please only copy below this line - Thank you sincerely, everyone who helps!)
------------------------------​------------------------------​-----------

SB #868, will only encourage and promote black market hoarding of artifacts and history. It was thoughtlessly included in the latest appropriations bill for transportation where it was passed - probably for the most part unconsciously - by the House and Senate. Members of the historic shipwreck professional community, metal detector hobbyists, and historic artifact collectors across the state – and the country - are outraged by the deception.

You need to VETO this bill in its current format, it is first and foremost unconstitutional, as well as vague and unfair to private sector stakeholders. SB #868's full impact and ramifications are not understood. I urge you to NOT SIGN this bill into LAW until further discussions and meetings have taken place. This is not a law that should be rushed through because lawmakers think we are not paying attention or watching. I can assure you WE ARE WATCHING WHAT YOU DO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread