BREAKING NEWS! Plane crashes into Manhattan tower

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we all friends again? we all gotta stick together in times like this ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
bill gent said:
I dont think it was your intent to make a joke out of this but just the way you wrote it
being an east coaster I lost 4 fellow federal workers, 2 fellow police oficers and a civilian woman that was ever so nice that lived downstairs from me in addition two fellow officers that were close to me, that helped in the recovery met their tragic end this past christmas my first K9 was also put down from complications of the search days after------------so as an east coaster I dont find anything related or not to the trageties of 9-11 humorous and I've been told I have some sick humor some things are best not said especially something tragic you never know who your talking to it could be a family member or close friend descreation is best

I wasn't talking about 9-11 in any way except to say that the small plane crashing into an apartment building is in no way a repeat of the massive horrors of the towers being hit.

There is probably someone dying every minute of the day, many of which go unnoticed by the multitudes except when they are in the news, I find this sympathetic outpouring in these situations a bit discomforting and a sign of a social disease that is slowly developing into an epidemic. I could go on and on about this but I will be misunderstood (which just proves to me it is reaching epidemic proportions) so I will speak of it no further.

If we can't have a little humor in life we will be constantly in despair. And if you have been paying attention, the news would like to leave us in despair 24/7.

Dying is a part of life.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
absolutly on the news it is so depressing think its human nature to be depressed or horrofied its like a tragic car accident people stop to gauk and be shocked yet drive on carelessly a news paper a few yeas back tried to publish only positive news it stayed in business less then 3 weeks

rule number one I learned in life is the world dont want to be saved

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
This is creepy...

>>>Lidle's interest in flying was examined in a New York Times story on Sept. 8. In that article, Lidle discussed the safety issues regarding the plane.

"The whole plane has a parachute on it," Lidle told the Times. "Ninety-nine percent of pilots that go up never have engine failure, and the one percent that do usually land it. But if you're up in the air and something goes wrong, you pull that parachute, and the whole plane goes down slowly."

Lidle also talked about the airplane's safety in an interview with MLB.com in February.

"If you're 7,000 feet in the air and your engine stops, you can glide for 20 minutes," Lidle said at the time. "As long as you're careful, everything should be fine."<<<

Strange accident to say the least... I wonder what exactly happened to the plane so they couldn't just glide it dead stick. Must have been a hydraulic issue or something. This whole private plane thing is taking people out right and left. Last year was a really bad one.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cirrus SR20 - looks like a pretty safe plane ??

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 123
S

shreddah

my conclusion... new york really needs to make their towers shorter! :D :D :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread