montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: "Roundness, Juice & Tokes .......

OK maybe you guys would prefer to watch a show where two 60 year olds make statements like " Hey norm why dont you mosy on over here and inspect my pre decimal american coin that I have exumed from the earth, aint it neeto." or intead of seeing what the detectorist has found you would rather see how they dig a perfect horseshoe plug as not to ruine the root base of the grass and place all the dirt on a bandana and place every bit of grass back where it was. You guys are so funny, I am sure all of you would have done such a better job spending 12 hours a day for 8 days to make a 22 minute episode, repeating something you might have said 1 time over and over and having a camera so close to your coil that you can barley swing it and having the camera stuck a few inches from your face. It was really hard work for Tim and George, it surley wasnt as fun as we have making our DVD's.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

it's all part of reality TV.....

They got the call.... they answered....and it is what it is....

oh wait ! ! ! ... you would not have done that?!?!?

Guess what?... you didn't get the call, so don't play judge in something that you never stood a chance in....

there are some positives....

in a few months,,,, every dork that bought a detector in hoping to hit the 'motherload' will be selling it on ebay... save you cash... to get the detetor you always wanted!

still bitter about the show.........?

Maybe they should have filmed you and it would have been more fun watching 'paint dry' ... or that Chevy in your back yard rust....

:-)

"if the truth hurts...wear it!@"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave44 said:
I got Roundness! The camera crew went and hid, We thought it might blow up so I got as low as I could so I would only lose my hand while I pulled it out! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing9: :laughing9: :help:

That was Rediculous in my opinion. Bomb LOL
must have been Diggin' in Beruit :D

montanagold said:
OK maybe you guys would prefer to watch a show where two 60 year olds make statements like " Hey norm why dont you mosy on over here and inspect my pre decimal american coin that I have exumed from the earth, aint it neeto." or intead of seeing what the detectorist has found you would rather see how they dig a perfect horseshoe plug as not to ruine the root base of the grass and place all the dirt on a bandana and place every bit of grass back where it was. You guys are so funny, I am sure all of you would have done such a better job spending 12 hours a day for 8 days to make a 22 minute episode, repeating something you might have said 1 time over and over and having a camera so close to your coil that you can barley swing it and having the camera stuck a few inches from your face. It was really hard work for Tim and George, it surley wasnt as fun as we have making our DVD's.

How about a 56 year old, they can film me putting My
Knee pads & Swingy Thingy on :thumbsup:

Viddy said:
it's all part of reality TV.....

They got the call.... they answered....and it is what it is....

oh wait ! ! ! ... you would not have done that?!?!?

Guess what?... you didn't get the call, so don't play judge in something that you never stood a chance in....

there are some positives....

in a few months,,,, every dork that bought a detector in hoping to hit the 'motherload' will be selling it on ebay... save you cash... to get the detetor you always wanted!

still bitter about the show.........?

Maybe they should have filmed you and it would have been more fun watching 'paint dry' ... or that Chevy in your back yard rust....

:-)

"if the truth hurts...wear it!@"

Hey I'm better then Watching paint dry.
probably closer to watching Ice Cream melt :icon_thumleft:

Don't know a "Norm", But use words like

Silver, Weet, Jonk & slaw

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

montanagold said:
OK maybe you guys would prefer to watch a show where two 60 year olds make statements like " Hey norm why dont you mosy on over here and inspect my pre decimal american coin that I have exumed from the earth, aint it neeto."
Now don't start putting down us old people you will be old someday.............. And in there videos they never used words like rounds .. They would say something like "wow or hey I found another dime" Like normal hunters would say ....... It must have been the TV people that come up with all the words they were useing ...round... cive... ect.... words that the thousand's of us never use never even heard used....... And we do not say "Hey why don't you mosy on over here " Us old ones might say ...... Hey man i got another dime...........

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

montanagold said:

Don't cry about the filming process, you got paid for that hassel. As for the made up terms and acting like 5 year olds, that was your choice as well. You could have made a good show about detecting but you chose to gamble and go for "off the wall." It backfired. Live with the consequences.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

montanagold said:

You must think your the only one that has even been around the film industry, ROTFLOL.

Yes they don't show a lot of what goes on. I am also sure NG had its own set of rules to go with them historical sites that is not being told.

Shows are to get viewers. No veiweres no advertising. no money.

The antics of course are for the HITS. Of course they sound like wackos or drug users, oh well. The good thing is most people who don't Md will still find it boring unless of course it improves..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
montanagold said:
OK maybe you guys would prefer to watch a show where two 60 year olds make statements like " Hey norm why dont you mosy on over here and inspect my pre decimal american coin that I have exumed from the earth, aint it neeto."
Now don't start putting down us old people you will be old someday.............. And in there videos they never used words like rounds .. They would say something like "wow or hey I found another dime" Like normal hunters would say ....... It must have been the TV people that come up with all the words they were useing ...round... cive... ect.... words that the thousand's of us never use never even heard used....... And we do not say "Hey why don't you mosy on over here " Us old ones might say ...... Hey man i got another dime...........

Me ? I say "Cool !, Silver !" then say dime, quarter or whatever fits.

Or "Clad :( "

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE

I was worried about every yahoo buying a detector and ruining our reputation in the parks. Its hard enough to find good places to hunt without a bunch of morons leaving craters everwhere. But! Then I watched the show. Now I think it might do the opposite. The show is TOO real. They spend all day finding crap. Every time you think they find something good <like the gun episode> it turns out to be junk. I just wish they would show how a full day of doing squats to find that table full of junk takes a toll on you. I dont think many people will join the hobby when these guys are finding pull tabs and canfetti. The show does serve a purpose, it holds my attention when the ground is frozen and I cant detect. Come spring, it may fade away, Ill be in the parks! lol.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just want to find out where they sell their "juice" for such nice prices. Hell, I've been sitting on a 1/4 carat diamond engagement ring for the past 5 years that is appraised at $1200.00, I can get gold melt for it (4 grams) and keep the stones for my collection but not the full juice I expect. I could also find a bunch of old rifle shells but even the scrappers don't want them because the primers might be live, let alone pay a buck a piece for them.

Last night was the first time I ever saw the show, I wasn't entertained.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

detectordave said:
The show does serve a purpose, it holds my attention when the ground is frozen and I cant detect. Come spring, it may fade away, Ill be in the parks! lol.
Well one thing i can tell you about..George aka King George..& Tim aka Ringmaster Tim... When the ground is frozen and there is snow on the ground & the temp. below freezing..... They are still out there detecting they don't quit in the winter............... And they probably have found more than most of you out there..... They have really made a amazing amount of finds.... I do have all there ..."Extreme Metal Detecting" videos and enjoy them.... around 4 years ago i talked to Tim on the phone a couple of times........... And i will say those two are really really enthusiastic about detecting they love it....... And they do get pretty excited when they make a nice find........... I'll watch the show again...... Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if some out there might be Jealous.............. This is not something that happend over night for them............. They worked and played hard for a long time to get were they are..........

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes. I personally liked the show & will continue to watch the show & if I could I would invite them to Pa. to dig. That said you gotta realize its a reality show .They are targeting all viewers & I believe it was said best above if they showed a full day of poptops & nails dug ...The ratings will drop (they gotta show the very best digs for the ratings) In other words its like watching the World Series of Poker ...what you are watching in 1 hour is about 12-14 hours of poker!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

"juicy hole".... "big roundness"... it only gets worse.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lakemonster said:

Isn't saying that an arrestable offense in some settings? Glad I don't detect with them. No telling when some PC police might be around!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Dave44 said:
Lakemonster said:

Isn't saying that an arrestable offense in some settings? Glad I don't detect with them.
Well me for one would like to detect with them .... They seem to have a lot of fun detecting... Could be they are glad to hear you don't want to detect with them...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
Dave44 said:
Lakemonster said:

Isn't saying that an arrestable offense in some settings? Glad I don't detect with them.
Well me for one would like to detect with them .... They seem to have a lot of fun detecting... Could be they are glad to hear you don't want to detect with them...
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I have a hard enough time trying not to act like a spaz. Why would I need their help?
Good luck to your endeavors.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I liked the show. I get the feeling that most people that dont like the show are older guys. Am I right? :dontknow:

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown said:
I liked the show. I get the feeling that most people that dont like the show are older guys. Am I right? :dontknow:

whats older?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

lookindown said:
Could be you are wrong ...The truth is i liked the show and i am 71........ I have there DVD's been watching them for i don't know .... When ever they put out there 1'st DVD 4 years ago give or take............I also have and wear there ... Team ATC .... T shirt...

Attachments

• teamatcwear8.jpg
    teamatcwear8.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 687

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid said:
montanagold said:

Don't cry about the filming process, you got paid for that hassel. As for the made up terms and acting like 5 year olds, that was your choice as well. You could have made a good show about detecting but you chose to gamble and go for "off the wall." It backfired. Live with the consequences.

:icon_thumleft:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

kayden said:
Im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes. I personally liked the show & will continue to watch the show & if I could I would invite them to Pa. to dig. That said you gotta realize its a reality show .They are targeting all viewers & I believe it was said best above if they showed a full day of poptops & nails dug ...The ratings will drop (they gotta show the very best digs for the ratings) In other words its like watching the World Series of Poker ...what you are watching in 1 hour is about 12-14 hours of poker!
:icon_thumright:...... :icon_thumleft:...That's two thumbs up ..I am with you on that..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions