Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Roundness, Juice & Tokes .......

Age should have no bearing on liking the show, or not. If any show is interesting it will be watched, if not it'll be canceled within weeks.. It just depends on an individuals interest, plain and simple.

Now as far as buying and wearing anything affiliated to a show, I personally will not be a walking billboard unless I am properly compensated :laughing7:

I also see there are several wannabe Spielberg's out there, more power to ya. From what I have judged in your writing, your filming would be like watching a slug crawling in slow motion. :laughing7:

From what I've read regarding the slang, big deal, they make up their own silly terms. At least they seem to be enjoying themselves and having a little fun, unlike many here would do. Even funnier is some of the same people here will post with their own slang. So what's the difference :dontknow: I'm sure you've read post about Archies (where's Jughead and Veronica) Zincoln pennies, etc.. I guess it's only cool if you came up with the term :laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

spartacus53 said:
Age should have no bearing on liking the show, or not. If any show is interesting it will be watched, if not it'll be canceled within weeks.. It just depends on an individuals interest, plain and simple.

Now as far as buying and wearing anything affiliated to a show, I personally will not be a walking billboard unless I am properly compensated :laughing7:
When i got the shirt & videos about 4 years ago give or take........... And i liked the looks of there logo on the shirt............... I do not wear a Garrett or Minelab or any detector co. shirt....But you more than likely do ... so what is the differance ??? AND how much do you get compensated from the detector company shirt you wear ??

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy, I hate to disappoint you, but I don't wear any vendor apparel, or even carry their accessories :laughing7:

I go out I have a metal detector, and an old US army pouch that doesn't even say army :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
lookindown said:
I liked the show. I get the feeling that most people that dont like the show are older guys. Am I right? :dontknow:
Could be you are wrong ...The truth is i liked the show and i am 71........ I have there DVD's been watching them for i don't know .... When ever they put out there 1'st DVD 4 years ago give or take............I also have and wear there ... Team ATC .... T shirt...

Now as far as buying and wearing anything affiliated to a show, I personally will not be a walking billboard unless I am properly compensated
I Will as long as I Get the Billboard for Free :thumbsup:
Not Proud :tongue3:
Jeff

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE

I would like to be compensated for wearing a company logo, but how much advertising could I fit on my black socks or speedo? Although it is a huge speedo....lol I think My earlier post was mis understood about the show. I do like it. I am only afraid it is too real. They dont find much good stuff. Just like the real world. I would like to see the show last. When non detector people see this I think they might be turned off. Especially when they realize the thousand squats a day it takes to find the junk. As for me, thats what I live for, lol. I am surely not claiming I could make a better show, I do give them credit. Dave.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahhh, but detectordave, do you ever make up your own silly little expressions :dontknow: :laughing7:

I guess they think they are the Norm Crosby of metal detecting :laughing7:

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE

I guess my wife and I do make up our own little "phrases". Im not sure I would be comfortable sharing them with the world. Im afraid "honeysnookemssweettiepies" or "gotfrikinbitin#$%%&&^%&$pulltab" might be mis understood on tv. Dave.

GP1970

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They have fun out there. I dont mind them

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

spartacus53 said:
Keppy, I hate to disappoint you, but I don't wear any vendor apparel, or even carry their accessories :laughing7:

I go out I have a metal detector, and an old US army pouch that doesn't even say army :laughing7:
Spartacus..... Man i hope you wear a shirt & pants.... :laughing9:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

detectordave said:
"gotfrikinbitin#$%%&&^%&$pulltab" might be mis understood on tv. Dave.
You are useing my favorite saying ...... No copy cating allowed...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Clothing??? :icon_scratch: That's always an option, if you care to go that way :tongue3:

I wear normal clothes pants, shorts, shirt.. I never was one for wearing someones logo unless I worked for them, or was compensated and goes for for no matter how good the apparel looks. :headbang:

I haven't seen the show, nor will I, it just doesn't interest me. Therefore, I can't comment on the production, or behavior, until I hear comments on it. Then I can form a blind opinion. It just seems that many like the show and a good amount don't like it; so, each to their own. The bottom line is from what I've read is that they are enjoying themselves and having good time..

Let's not forget they are also being compensated too.. I'd have no problem filling in to make a few bucks too, especially when you like what you're doing. ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
........... You sound like a pretty intelligent person ......

Really :icon_scratch: Do you read the crap I write :dontknow: :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Keppy said:

:laughing9:

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Let me put a little perspective on the terms that ATC has been using for years and you should see that its not much different than what we already use.

We all live in Montana so when we have long winters we often hang out together playing guitars and often refer to the fact that we cant wait to get out and find some juice or necter, of course meaning anything good that we can dig up.

We have also been making DVD's for many years now so all of the other terms have come about while making thyem. We say roundness because when we bring the camera and we dig something and see that it has roundness we stop and yell for the camera as not to show a bunch of usless digs. We will yell Ive got roundness or Its a coin.

Other terms used.

Barb- Barber anything
Merc- Mercury dime
Rosie- Rosie
Wheat- Duh
Tok- Token
Clad - You all use that one
G- anything gold
Ster- Anything sterling
Civ- anything civil war
Cologn- well we have never had the opportunity to find anything from the colonial era so its a new one.

There are a few other things that we say but that would just throw most of you over the edge so I wont mention those. As you can see most of the terms already are used by many detectorists so whats the big deal?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
chukers said:
spartacus53 said:
Keppy said:

obviously not... :-\
:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: >:D :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: for chuckers :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

my bad... wrong thread... I was reading 2 or 3 at once... LOL

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy are you a paid spokes person for Team ATC?? :wink:

I posted my opinion earlier about the show. The two guys maybe great people, The seem to have fun detecting and I'm sure the earned the chance to have their own show...I just did not enjoy the show. With that being said...I have a 3 month old that often has me up in the middle of the night so I watch alot of stuff and will most likely watch future DVRed episodes.

I love to detect old and out of the way sites but with a young family rarely have the time to hike out into the woods or drive to a far off site. To scratch the itch I often hunt parks that are located around where I work. Not my ideal choice but I take what I can get. Sometimes these old parks surprise me like today: 45 minutes = War Nickel, Merc, Seated Dime and a 1/2 Real (plus a few Wheaties).

I have no problem with them come up with their own slang terms although I think the ones they created make them sound rather simple (again no judgement just my opinion.) They seemed to have permission to hunt all their sites which was great. They closed gates behind themselves...wonderful. After doing some of these things right they did not even attempt to cut a proper plug. Their target recovery was awful.

My fear is that people not in this hobby watch the show then go out and recover targets in this fashion. Holes like that in the parks will quickly get all parks closed to Metal Detecting. They should take a minute each show and teach the watchers something positive about the hobby. Maybe at the beginning or end of each show put the MD Code of Ethics up on the screen. My fear is that the show is going to hurt our hobby rather then help it.

I hope I'm wrong and I wish the best to the Ringmaster and King George.

King NJ Master signing off...
(I think I found my new DJ name)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MG,
I don't know if I would consider Clad a slang term.

Clad: to bond a metal to (another metal), especially to provide with a protective coat.

It just describes the type of coin these U.S. coins are.

But I do use a few of the other ones you have listed...no current plans on adding any of the slang terms from the show to my lexicon.

NJ

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

N.J.THer said:
Keppy are you a paid spokes person for Team ATC?? :wink:

I posted my opinion earlier about the show. The two guys maybe great people, The seem to have fun detecting and I'm sure the earned the chance to have their own show...I just did not enjoy the show. With that being said...I have a 3 month old that often has me up in the middle of the night so I watch alot of stuff and will most likely watch future DVRed episodes.

I love to detect old and out of the way sites but with a young family rarely have the time to hike out into the woods or drive to a far off site. To scratch the itch I often hunt parks that are located around where I work. Not my ideal choice but I take what I can get. Sometimes these old parks surprise me like today: 45 minutes = War Nickel, Merc, Seated Dime and a 1/2 Real (plus a few Wheaties).

I have no problem with them come up with their own slang terms although I think the ones they created make them sound rather simple (again no judgement just my opinion.) They seemed to have permission to hunt all their sites which was great. They closed gates behind themselves...wonderful. After doing some if these things right they did not even attempt to cut a proper plug. Their target recovery was awful.

My fear is that people not in this hobby watch the show then go out and recover targets in this fashion. Holes like that in the parks will quickly get all parks closed to Metal Detecting. They should take a minute each show and teach the watchers something positive about the hobby. Maybe at the beginning or end of each show put the MD Code of Ethics up on the screen. My fear is that the show is going to hurt our hobby rather then help it.

I hope I'm wrong and I wish the best to the Ringmaster and King George.

King NJ Master signing off...
(I think I found my new DJ name)
No i am not a spokes person for Team ATC .. ...I have seen there videos for a few years and i think they are getting a bad knock from the members on Tnet......Could be a little "jealousy" from some members......And from what i can tell for the years i have watched them....... They seem like good people having fun with what they are doing...... And i wish them all kinds of good luck ..... i do like your new handle.......King NJ Master.. :icon_thumright:...... keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

I am going to leave this forum for now ...... Some on here are starting to sound like a bunch of school kids........................But if some one knocks Team ATC i will be back...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions