bwirth1999

Jun 23, 2007
Belvidere, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Roundness, Juice & Tokes .......

I think some of the issue with the show is the lack of educational bits. What it shows is 2 "goofy" (in a good way), guys,going out willy-nilly and swinging, and digging everything they get a ding on. I am sure many people would be less offended by the show, and the guys acting in it, if there was just a little bit of practical information, showing how to differentiate from a good or bad target, or how they pass up a target, and why. Show proper hole/plug techniques, etc...... Maybe share the "Code of Ethics" which all should follow.

Just my two bits of roundness.... :tongue3:

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600

bwirth1999 said:
I think some of the issue with the show is the lack of educational bits. What it shows is 2 "goofy" (in a good way), guys,going out willy-nilly and swinging, and digging everything they get a ding on. I am sure many people would be less offended by the show, and the guys acting in it, if there was just a little bit of practical information, showing how to differentiate from a good or bad target, or how they pass up a target, and why. Show proper hole/plug techniques, etc...... Maybe share the "Code of Ethics" which all should follow.

Just my two bits of roundness.... :tongue3:

I agree 100% with you. I didn't think the show was horrible. I just personally didn't care for the overly used amount of goofballness and bets. I definitely think they should have gone over Code of Ethics, proper digging techniques (not blasting holes all over the place), and just a little bit here on there on detecting techniques. There is no reason they couldn't have incorporated that into the show and still try to keep it fun. The digging techniques alone made detectorists look REALLY bad. The hobby will never win the critics over with that...

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lakemonster said:
"juicy hole".... "big roundness"... it only gets worse.
juicy hole......lmao! I don't think id be yelling across the yard at my buddy.."hey! I gotta a juicy hole over here! :D

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Imho, I was glad that there was a show involving this hobby. Maybe their lingo was off the wall too some, the holes dug not too somes standards. But these guys were having a blast and thats what its all about. Go out to
your favorite "HONEY HOLE" and swing that detector and remember that it's fun and enjoy!

Refuse too conform, Dare to be Different!!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Jack said:
Imho, I was glad that there was a show involving this hobby. Maybe their lingo was off the wall too some, the holes dug not too somes standards. But these guys were having a blast and thats what its all about. Go out to
your favorite "HONEY HOLE" and swing that detector and remember that it's fun and enjoy!

Refuse too conform, Dare to be Different!!!!
:icon_thumleft:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Have not confirmed this but heard from a very good source last night that there is already a lawsuit from this show. Apparently they went on State property without proper permission. They got permission from the person leasing the property who had no right to tell them they could detect on the property.

I had a feeling this show was going to be a problem. Lets see how this one plays out.

NJ

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Your sorce is not that accurate, We were givin permission by the lease holder but yes the archies threw a fit and there was a letter from the state that said pretty much next time get a permit. If there is a lawsuite coming about then its from some gun hoe Archie that will be more for show. The dept of corrections has not taken any action.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No...it was pretty accurate. I assumed lawsuit but they said legal issues..you know what they say when you assume. Since my last post I did see something on the web that said lawsuit but you can't believe everything you read.

Hey I'm all about promoting the hobby...I'm just afraid your show is going to hurt it. Perception is sometimes more important then reality...so if there is a perception of wrong doing or reckless detecting it is going to hurt all of us. Two episodes and there was already an issue. I know some of the archies are misinformed about our hobby but I've worked with many that get it. Currently I think more get it then don't. IMO

Good luck

NJ

bwirth1999

Jun 23, 2007
Belvidere, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still wondering where the other episodes are.... I see nothing in the near future on Nat Geo, infact I can't find it listed anywhere.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I actually liked the show diggers just not american diggers.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the show. I get the feeling that most people that dont like the show are older guys. Am I right? :dontknow:
I find in life that it is always easier for people to tear another person (or persons) down rather than to find something positive about that person or persons. Most people are like that. That is not how I was raised to be, so it bothers me when all i hear from others is somthing negative, but, Ive learned how to ignore negitive "spout" from other people, and am a happier person because of it! =D Very glad to see some positive comments in here, otherwise I would have felt like I wasted my time looking in this thread!

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the show. I get the feeling that most people that dont like the show are older guys. Am I right? :dontknow:
I find in life that it is always easier for people to tear another person (or persons) down rather than to find something positive about that person or persons. Most people are like that. That is not how I was raised to be, so it bothers me when all i hear from others is somthing negative, but, Ive learned how to ignore negitive "spout" from other people, and am a happier person because of it! =D Very glad to see some positive comments in here, otherwise I would have felt like I wasted my time looking in this thread!

Right on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions