Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:

Green Waste, The new danger to detecting in the UK >:( We have put up with The Archy's slander, The dreaded countryside stewardship and of course the unpopular Treasure Act. But this GREEN WASTE is the biggest danger we will face.

I have some of my favourite fields dumped with green waste, and believe me when I tell you it destroys any chance of finding anything worth while, and it might just to a point that there is not much point in bothering to go to farm land, in the future.

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Did you know that councils are paying farmers sums of money each year, to dump 'green' waste on their land?

Farmers in the belief that they are doing the right thing for the community, are being conned, and having their land contaminated with plastic, aluminium, glass and all kinds of other products, containing chemicals and substances, which not only destroys the appearance of the countryside, but also puts at risk the health of wildlife and humans.

Thousands of tonnes of this toxic rubbish, containing syringes, bottles, gloves, toys, glass - some of which will not decay for hundreds of years, to be tipped on the fields each year.

SS

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
does not look green, and does not look like a joke.
Soundsl like some advitiser throught up the "GREEN" like "Clean" coal.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lostcauses said:
does not look green, and does not look like a joke.
Soundsl like some advitiser throught up the "GREEN" like "Clean" coal.
Just imagine your favourite detecting site, the farmer dumps it with Green Waste and then plows it in, you come along and sweep your coil, only to get multiple targets, going balistic in the headphones, and it's all the time >:(

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread