Kentucky pro metal detecting bill needs help from everyone!

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The proposed bill that can open state parks in Kentucky to the metal detecting hobby has made it to the house, the archaeologist lost the fight in the senate vote and are now they are trying harder to shut this down before it goes any further.

http://detectingrights.com/louisville-ky-needs-your-support.php On this link you will find a link to all of the Kentucky House of Representative email address.

I think this is a great sign of progress, and may benefit everyone in the future.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think it would only help if you're from that state.. They already could care less about your concerns and surely care less from any outsiders concerns :laughing7:

OP
OP
T

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know Spartacus, they have calls, and emails coming in from archaeologist all over. They need to hear from us too.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I would think it would only help if you're from that state.. They already could care less about your concerns and surely care less from any outsiders concerns :laughing7:

That's no longer true Spart......everyone is looking to cut dysfunctional cost in favor of more practical and cost efficent ideas. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish someone would start this kind of bill in California, heck even charge permits for it, California is closing State parks constantly due to lack of funds. Might be a good way to help keep them open.

Commoncents

Feb 9, 2008
KY
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, v3i, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now is the time for Kentuckians to speak up and be heard....

After more than 3 years of working on this, we are closer than ever. If everyone would just take 2 minutes to call and voice your opinion, it might just get this bill through the house. Updates are on the link that is provided above by Twisted One. Getting the bill passed through the Senate has really stirred up a hornets nest but at the same time has gotten their attention.

If you live in Kentucky and want to continue to detect freely, then you need to make the contact to the state representatives. The numbers do count.

Here is the link again: http://detectingrights.com/louisville-ky-needs-your-support.php

OP
OP
T

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If everyone chips in and helps get this passed, then it might just be a foot in the door for other states to do so too.

Mr. Dan

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Vibra-probe 560 & a bunch a diggin tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If everyone chips in and helps get this passed, then it might just be a foot in the door for other states to do so too.

I agree, I moved to Louisville a couple years ago to attend Dental School and I have only been out detecting a hand-full of times since. Mainly because I don't have a lot of time for recreation, but also because I can't just go to a local park when I have an hour to spare. I have to drive far and try to make some sort of contact to get private land permission which is very difficult when you just don't have a lot of free hours. My wife and I love detecting together and would love even more to be able to have more freedom to enjoy doing something we love to do together in some of the beautiful parks we pay a LOT in taxes to maintain...So, thanks to everybody who takes a few minutes to support our cause!!!

Mr. Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread