If you were to recommend a MD for an inexperienced user, which would you choose?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Garrett 250

Or a Whites XLT

depending on your Budget

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum Groundhawg. One thing is for sure, whatever type of detector you decide on with practice practice practice you should be able to become good with it.

Anyways not really an answer to your question, but really just wanted to welcome you here and wish you good luck on finding, getting, and starting to detect.

Postalrevnant

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Have you looked at the Compadre by Tesoro? It is less than $200.00. I have had mine for over 4 years and it works great. I use it as a primary machine. Hope it helps.

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
I'm still a newbie in detectors, but I found that in kellyco they sell some new detectors with a little scratch or demo ones in good prices, maybe you can get a good one in a low price. They also include a lot of accesories in some of the detectors that other stores don't , just take a look. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/

ernie

Jun 11, 2004
what ever you decide stick with a brand name tesoro whites garrett fisher bounty hunter ect.don't buy any of that Chinese junk flooding ebay and some dealers.the brand name companies have been in business for years .they all make good starting machines.and they will stand by them.also try to find a dealer if you can and get some hands on experience with the machines.best of luck whatever you decide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread