🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buckleboy's Blog #1

Some of my random metal detectin' thoughts:

1. Is it me, or does it seem like these past few weeks have been open season on Flying Eagle Cents? I mean really. Everyone and his uncle seems to have found one. I found one back in 1993, but I'll gladly take another! Seems like some of you have a Flying Eagle notch on your meter. "Awh look, Billy. My meter says it's just another Flying Eagle Cent. I'm gettin' pretty tired of diggin' these. Hey man, I think I'm gonna leave this one and go look for some clad." Seriously. Leave them for me!!!! LOL. This all seems quite unusual for a coin which was only produced for two years (if we don't count the low mintage first year). Along those lines, which one of you guys is gonna find that 1856? I'm tryin' my best to beat ya to it. It's gotta be out there somewhere. Check those dates!

2. If you have a few hours free and want to get an idea of what fancy terms like "postmodernism," "nihilism," and "minimalism" mean, you should read Badger's poll "How well do you read posts on treasurenet?". No definitions for these terms there, but you'll see what I mean.
Oh, and be sure to read it all the way through before you respond.

3. The fall window is fast approaching for me in Kentucky, but it is gettin damn cold! I hope it isn't frigid by the time the brush and undergrowth dies down. I've got Civil War relics to find!!

4. Auf wiedersehen snakes, bugs, and yellowjackets! So freakin' happy to not have to worry about you again until spring! Had one too many close calls this year.

5. Breaking NEWS! On a hunt recently I dug up Clint Eastwood!!! I've never dug up a find that old, and he wasn't in great shape, but I figure hey he's at least interesting enough to put in the junk box. I thought I had just found a worthless rock that was the product of erosion, but PBK quickly responded to my post in the "What is it" column and told me that I had in fact dug up Clint Eastwood!

(I was just checking to see if you were still reading. Sorry Clint.)

6. After recieving much mail to this effect, I would like to propose the idea that Treasurenet have a mascot. Unfortunately although there was great interest in this subject, no one made any suggestions. The only suitable mascot I can think of is the Honey Smacks frog, Dig 'Em. Nice name for a Treasurenet mascot. Unfortunately, he is a green frog with a silly hat. He's probably a diabetic frog from all that sugar. Oh well. At least his Chucks are back in style again.

Buckleboy

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Buckleboy's Blog #1

Very interesting thoughts, BugleBoy. ;) Here's my blog response.

1: Until this past week, I've only seen a few flying eagle cents...and I've been on Tnet for almost 2 years. Everyone's finding them....get out there and get yours! :P

2: Badger's post is a classic one....I hope it lives forever. Make sure you contribute. ;)

3: Kentucky? Cold? What has the temperature dipped below 60 degrees? ::)

4: Wasn't too bad here in PA.....some gnats...but I bug sprayed my hat...put it on....kept my head down and didn't swallow any. :-\

5: Thanks for finding Clint. I wondered where he went. 8)

6: I've already stated on here that the Tnet mascot need to be a squirrel. Every week there are crazy squirrel posts and pictures......just my opinion. ;D :-*

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana

I am convinced that certain times of the year bring certain metal types up in a stronger signal than normal. There have been alot of Flying Eagles brought back in the last couple weeks, as well as early Indian heads and Large cents. Last month we were having an old button craze and I found about 5 myself.

Badgers post rocks!

When it gets to cold here in Indiana, I load up the DFX in the semi and do my detecting in Kentucky and Tennessee.

I REALLY DONT LIKE BUGS!

Clint rocks!

I vote for the squirrel, although the dig it frog rocks!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mona (or should I say Lisa?),

Not complainin' about the cold now. It is quite tolerable in the 40's. Just wondering what it will be like when the brush dies down LOL.

Oh, and I've already replied to Badger's post. I give it my left-handed blessing. May it set the record for the number of responses!

Live Long and Detect!

Buckleboy.

P.S. Nice idea about the squirrel. I wonder if it should be a flying squirrel... Maybe a psycho serial killer squirrel. Well...or not. Don't wanna scare off the youngsters.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

BuckleBoy said:
P.S. Nice idea about the squirrel. I wonder if it should be a flying squirrel... Maybe a psycho serial killer squirrel. Well...or not. Don't wanna scare off the youngsters.

Oh go ahead & scare the lil tikes! They just get in my way........."can I dig? Whats that thing do? I wanna try your machine. Can I have that quarter?" And it seems the young uns are MUCH luckier than me.............scare the daylights outa them! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread