the world through Diggers eyes.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Reality is they are a couple of fools that had no idea of the war going on. Have MD and will travel. Used by the producer for hits in a show.

Yep both shows can and will be used against the rest. To even say the green monster is the cause of hate; shows they have no real life experienceto what is going on: and their ignorance of what is really going on.

It is what it is. The rest of will have to find a way around it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
montanagold said:
Its not a butt covering Baz its to apeze all you nit pickers that have nothing but negitive things to say, How can you be so closed minded and ignernt to say that the lost items are not being lost every day? sure we wouldnt want to find a zinc penny or state hood quarter but im sure that 100 years from now they will be calling it juice in the hole. You dont like the show, cool dont watch. 4 million others beg to differ, they dont want to see the proper digging and ethics crap they want to see the entertainment. Try watching a fishing show where the fisherman sits on the bank for 22 minutes and catches 1 fish at the end of the show, that would be your kind of fishing show im sure. The ethics was presented so that you and the Archies who dont understand the TV making process could see that we are in fact ethical diggers, just couldnt show all that boering crap on the show.

I'm ignernt? Is that some more of your Montana slang for us to enjoy? Are we getting a special preview of what might be in future episodes?

100 years from now, there won't be any 100 year old zincs in the ground. They barely make it 10-20 years in many areas. Also, I will not be alive in 100 years. And If I am that lucky, I won't be capable of digging in the dirt and swinging a metal detector, so I don't understand your argument here. Old coin / relic finds are finite. They are NOT being replenished. It's amazing that you can't seem to grasp that simple concept.

You posted a link to your ethics. And I argued that it was a link that is more about covering your tail than it is about ethics. But yes, I would like to see you guys learn how to dig a proper plug. That wouldn't hurt anybody, now would it? You don't even need to talk about it for all I care. Just show it happening over and over.

I couldn't watch any fishing show period. Yawn.

But instead of making consistent logical arguments on here, you just get extremely defensive.

Also, I'm sure that 100 years from now, there STILL won't be anybody calling it juice in the hole.

What entertainment did you show in your show? Riding a bike on a pier? Licking a jellyfish? These all had to be added to the show because instead of creating a show about two guys who are competent at metal detecting, they found you guys. Instead of showing cool finds, they got stuck with toothpaste tubes.

And how did they get stuck with you guys? Because when they contacted people like me and my friend, we turned them down. We were constantly getting contacted by various TV producers wanting to do a show, as many others on this site and others have been contacted over the past few years. We were the bigger men and did what was right for the hobby, not our bank accounts. We do this for FUN, not for profit.
So why didnt you do a show and show proper detecting techniques? Who contacted you to do a show? Seems like if you were such a big man you would have stepped up to the plate and showed how a real detecting show is done. Child Pleeezzz.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
bazinga said:
montanagold said:
Its not a butt covering Baz its to apeze all you nit pickers that have nothing but negitive things to say, How can you be so closed minded and ignernt to say that the lost items are not being lost every day? sure we wouldnt want to find a zinc penny or state hood quarter but im sure that 100 years from now they will be calling it juice in the hole. You dont like the show, cool dont watch. 4 million others beg to differ, they dont want to see the proper digging and ethics crap they want to see the entertainment. Try watching a fishing show where the fisherman sits on the bank for 22 minutes and catches 1 fish at the end of the show, that would be your kind of fishing show im sure. The ethics was presented so that you and the Archies who dont understand the TV making process could see that we are in fact ethical diggers, just couldnt show all that boering crap on the show.

I'm ignernt? Is that some more of your Montana slang for us to enjoy? Are we getting a special preview of what might be in future episodes?

100 years from now, there won't be any 100 year old zincs in the ground. They barely make it 10-20 years in many areas. Also, I will not be alive in 100 years. And If I am that lucky, I won't be capable of digging in the dirt and swinging a metal detector, so I don't understand your argument here. Old coin / relic finds are finite. They are NOT being replenished. It's amazing that you can't seem to grasp that simple concept.

You posted a link to your ethics. And I argued that it was a link that is more about covering your tail than it is about ethics. But yes, I would like to see you guys learn how to dig a proper plug. That wouldn't hurt anybody, now would it? You don't even need to talk about it for all I care. Just show it happening over and over.

I couldn't watch any fishing show period. Yawn.

But instead of making consistent logical arguments on here, you just get extremely defensive.

Also, I'm sure that 100 years from now, there STILL won't be anybody calling it juice in the hole.

What entertainment did you show in your show? Riding a bike on a pier? Licking a jellyfish? These all had to be added to the show because instead of creating a show about two guys who are competent at metal detecting, they found you guys. Instead of showing cool finds, they got stuck with toothpaste tubes.

And how did they get stuck with you guys? Because when they contacted people like me and my friend, we turned them down. We were constantly getting contacted by various TV producers wanting to do a show, as many others on this site and others have been contacted over the past few years. We were the bigger men and did what was right for the hobby, not our bank accounts. We do this for FUN, not for profit.
So why didnt you do a show and show proper detecting techniques? Who contacted you to do a show? Seems like if you were such a big man you would have stepped up to the plate and showed how a real detecting show is done. Child Pleeezzz.

We didn't want to do a show. Like I said, we do this for the love of the hobby and not for money. Who contacted us is insignificant for this conversation. Many others on this site have also said they have been contacted numerous times to do shows. Like others have said, tv shows don't want a show about digging techniques and ethics, which is why we hobbyists shouldn't want a show at all. A show is just going to bring out all of the bad.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:

You do know that there are producers RIGHT NOW recruiting people to star in a show about digging all that gold and silver off the Florida beaches don't you? What do you think the outcome will be when THAT show airs? I have a feeling your thoughts on these show will change dramatically.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason in Enid said:
lookindown said:

You do know that there are producers RIGHT NOW recruiting people to star in a show about digging all that gold and silver off the Florida beaches don't you? What do you think the outcome will be when THAT show airs? I have a feeling your thoughts on these show will change dramatically.
I don't know if it will bother us who hunt inland ............ But wait till that salt water beach show starts....... Those are the one's that will be hurting........... Those beaches will have detectors all over them..............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
And come on get real a TV show that shows..digging techniques.... how to cut a plug ....ect...ect..... that would be the most boreing show in the world...... I would fall asleep in the first minute ...... You want to see the right way to dig or how to cut a plug look at your instruction DVD..... or go to youtube........ You should know by know what we do is not brain surgery...... It's like rideing a bike any one can do it..........

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
lookindown said:

I cant wait for a show on Florida beach detecting...Im not afraid of competition.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
I cant wait for a show on Florida beach detecting...Im not afraid of competition.

It's not the competition that you should worry about. It's the people with "all about me" attitudes who are rude to beachgoers, dig giant holes without filling them and leave trash behind them. It's the flood of THOSE people you should fear from a shore like that. Those people will create more restrictions and closures for everyone.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
lookindown said:

It's not the competition that you should worry about. It's the people with "all about me" attitudes who are rude to beachgoers, dig giant holes without filling them and leave trash behind them. It's the flood of THOSE people you should fear from a shore like that. Those people will create more restrictions and closures for everyone.

These guys are all blind to what this could do to the hobby.

Buff4

Feb 14, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello montanagold and the ATC team. I would very much like to watch a show on the subject of metal detecting. I did watch both of the episodes you aired this month, and will most likely watch a couple more to see if there are some improvements as far as enlightning a wanna be TH'er. I am sure that Team ATC are professionals in their field, and do most everything by the book, including ethics. As far as "The Show" is concerned, I feel Team ATC sold their soles to NGC, and in a way sold out their fellow detectorists. I do understand the time constraints on the show, and that NGC are the puppetmasters, and ATC the puppets, as the NGC producers are thinking ratings,ratings,ratings. I just finished with the link provided by montanagold, and could not get past #5 before I had to put in my 2 cents worth. Quote "Nobody wants to watch us dig up nails and beer tabs. Because there are severe time constraints on television programs, we don't always show a hole being covered back up, or the removal of trash, etc. The viewer will have to assume that we clean up after ourselves and do the right thing at each site."..... "The viewer will have to assume" ? are you kidding ? Why not show some pulltab or bottle cap digs ? is that not reality ? I am but one person, but I am also concerned about the possible damage this could do to the GOOD, ETHICAL hunters amoung us. National Geographic must realize this, but doubtful they care. I for one will not add to thier (or Spikes) ratings if they do not show full disclosure. May all involved do the right thing. Thank you.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
Jason in Enid said:
lookindown said:

These guys are all blind to what this could do to the hobby.
Ill let you worry about it while Im out detecting...are you and Jason some kind of tag team or something...I see you reply in pairs...too funny. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think we post in pairs then you must be on some serious drugs!

So go hunting, just like you are hunting now. Oh that's right, we all spend time both detecting AND online discussing topics.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
A tv show will not bring forth any real consequences to Joe Tectorist. Nobody is so naive to think that just because somebody is trowelling up an old relic on a tv show that legislation against it must be brought forth. Its a tv show. Nobody watches tv anymore. TV will be gone before tectors, you just watch. Besides, you can always go on private lands to detect. Its the new rage in tectin...private lands. Nobody can touch that. Nobody. Ever. Ever ever.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
I gotta be honest with you guys, this show, this topic, these perceived conceptions, at the end of the day, will not bring forth any real consequences toward Joe Tectorist. Just remember, private lands are where all the good are coming from. To hell with government cheese.
gleaner, I like your way of thinking...wanna be my tag team partner? :laughing7: You can post now Bazinga, there are a couple of replies separating you and Jason. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
I gotta be honest with you guys, this show, this topic, these perceived conceptions, at the end of the day, will not bring forth any real consequences toward Joe Tectorist. Just remember, private lands are where all the good are coming from. To hell with government cheese.

And people are ALREADY saying they are being told no to detect private land and use these shows as the reason.

Ignorance is bliss....

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody is going to lose tectin rights due to this rather cool tv show. I have not seen it. I dont watch tv much. But people have mentioned it to me, they know I am a metal detector guy, I detect crap, and they think the show is worth a quick chat in the coffee room. This show will pass like a fart in the wind. As it is being watched, I will be out tectin.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
If you think we post in pairs then you must be on some serious drugs!

So go hunting, just like you are hunting now. Oh that's right, we all spend time both detecting AND online discussing topics.
If you didnt know you were posting in pairs, you NEED some serioue drugs. You guys are cracking me up. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I love you guys, you know it. Metal tectin passion overwhelms us at times. Just chill.

Attachments

• wrecked.jpg
    wrecked.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 390

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sparky.... What's up with this :dontknow: :laughing9:

http://tinyurl.com/738k7gl

Boy, ohh boy Sparky, you seemed to have broken your own rules... What gives :icon_scratch:

2. Get Permission Before You Hunt
Always ask the landowner or homeowner before you hunt a site. This should really go without saying: Trespassing is illegal. If you don't get permission, you are breaking the law. Note that state and federal lands are usually off limits, as well as national monuments. Some city parks and public beaches are open to detectorists, but you need to check for possible restrictions before hunting on any particular public site.

Now in 50 words, or less, how did the producers contact the wrong people. Secondly, shouldn't that have been up to the crackerjack A-Team to make sure they were contacting the right people, after all, they were doing the actual digging. :dontknow:

Either way, someone goofed; hell, both parties goofed :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions