the world through Diggers eyes.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
spartacus53 Great bit of info there.

So they did not bother with the property owner and went through others to get supposed permit. Typical BS of a show and producers. A simple check will easily tell some one who OWNS the property.

As for them that say this will do nothing to the system: you should study history a bit and find out how and why archeological laws have and still are put in place.
Everything use to be open and game. It is not now. Such as these shows and such actions as the link shown in this thread about permits: can and will be used against the MDer and THer in general.

What till this next show airs and hear the screams from the "Educated and trained archeologists" over what is shown.

I suspect that this will force them that think it all should be protected to start a major campain to improve the laws against, and to get such a city's and county's that dont have such laws to get em.

Well one such improvement down in Florida just got killed, yet more to come I am sure. (Manly over a highly promoted situation with a shipwrek recovery not even done in this country.)

In the long run just maybe it will get the folks to ban together and have a voice to fight such actions. Yet just showing a show in front of a bunch of lawmakers is going to be difficult to fight.....

It is what it is. I dont expect it to go away.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I changed it.. Still funny :laughing7

P.S. Please don't use the word 'thought' in your reply.. Every time someone thinks, they weaken the economy of this nation a little more :tongue3:

OK, read the article. Not overly impressed with the article or it's assumptions about the show. The archies interviewed seemed to have the predominent attitude that THEY have final say over everything. If the Diggers show asked for permission and were granted it, I'm fine by that. If I walk up to a house and ask permsision to hunt the yard I don't then go scour the records to make sure the person living there has the authority to grant permission from every past owner or tenant. Some things you have to do YOUR part and hope there are no technicalities.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I still say the salt water beach hunters are in for a big surprise after the new beach show airs................ There will be so many people on the beach swinging detectors........... There coils will be smacking one another....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I still say the salt water beach hunters are in for a big surprise after the new beach show airs................ There will be so many people on the beach swinging detectors........... There coils will be smacking one another....

If that's all that comes of it (which I seriously doubt will be the case),....I can live with that.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
bigscoop said:
Keppy said:

If that's all that comes of it (which I seriously doubt will be the case),....I can live with that.
And it could be the Archies will stop detecting on all beaches ..... And they could..... It is not good for us any more and it seems to only get worse.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Jason in Enid said:
spartacus53 said:
I changed it.. Still funny :laughing7

P.S. Please don't use the word 'thought' in your reply.. Every time someone thinks, they weaken the economy of this nation a little more :tongue3:

OK, read the article. Not overly impressed with the article or it's assumptions about the show. The archies interviewed seemed to have the predominent attitude that THEY have final say over everything. If the Diggers show asked for permission and were granted it, I'm fine by that. If I walk up to a house and ask permsision to hunt the yard I don't then go scour the records to make sure the person living there has the authority to grant permission from every past owner or tenant. Some things you have to do YOUR part and hope there are no technicalities.
You are not doing a show with the name of National Geographic behind you: are you??
Nothing like shooting your sponsor in the foot to keep them happy ehh.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
bigscoop said:
Keppy said:

And it could be the Archies will stop detecting on all beaches ..... And they could..... It is not good for us any more and it seems to only get worse.

The archeological community, by themselves, cannot stop detecting on the beaches. If they could, it would have been done long ago. The content of this new show, by itself, will not be the lone deciding factor either. What will stop detecting on the beaches is the "absence of voice throughout the process", and make no mistake, it WILL all come down to this in the end. The forces against us ARE organized and united, we are not. This alone will be the deciding factor in the end. Nothing else.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:

Yeah, but I bet you might do your homework a little better if you knew the place was already listed on the National Register of Historic Places. :laughing7: Secondly, if the diggers themselves didn't ask, why didn't they and leave it up to a show's producer :dontknow: After all, you have a website that is touting the correct methods and yet, they got it wrong. :tongue3:

As far as "Some things you have to do YOUR part and hope there are no technicalities." Yeah, Wishing on a star has always been my lucky charm, but it may not keep you out of trouble :tongue3:

Bottom line, there were some RED FLAGS there, but I guess it was canceled out looking through their rose colored glasses :laughing7: Bottom line, if you are doing the actual work, you best make sure you're right, so you don't have to point fingers later. :headbang:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Couple of things here ok. I guess this topic is being beaten to death ok. We know about that in Boston. It's called a "Louisville Slugger" ;D We are fairly proficient in it's many uses. I'll let your imagination take it from there ok. :laughing7: Anyway, Montanagold, I think the reason there are so many "viewers" right now is because of simple curiosity rather than any feigned real interest in the show. I wonder how long it will take for the curiosity
to wear off ??
To lookindown; Maybe you should try lookin UP. The reason I say that is not to insult you but rather to alert you to the fact that there are already a plethora of Laws governing detecting on Florida beaches and "ALL" Artifacts beyond the low tide mark be they coins or Relics etc.. are the sole Property of Treasure Salvage Inc. which is owned by none other than Cip Fisher of the Atocha Fame. Maybe you should look that up. Every show I've sen him put on is fairly accurate and mostly Objective which seems to be a sticking point here. Anyways, just some input ok. PEACE:RONB

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER said:
Hi Folks; Couple of things here ok. I guess this topic is being beaten to death ok. We know about that in Boston. It's called a "Louisville Slugger" ;D We are fairly proficient in it's many uses. I'll let your imagination take it from there ok. :laughing7: Anyway, Montanagold, I think the reason there are so many "viewers" right now is because of simple curiosity rather than any feigned real interest in the show. I wonder how long it will take for the curiosity
to wear off ??
To lookindown; Maybe you should try lookin UP. The reason I say that is not to insult you but rather to alert you to the fact that there are already a plethora of Laws governing detecting on Florida beaches and "ALL" Artifacts beyond the low tide mark be they coins or Relics etc.. are the sole Property of Treasure Salvage Inc. which is owned by none other than Cip Fisher of the Atocha Fame. Maybe you should look that up. Every show I've sen him put on is fairly accurate and mostly Objective which seems to be a sticking point here. Anyways, just some input ok. PEACE:RONB
What are you talking about, I didnt say anything about Florida detecting laws...besides that, you just posted false info...look it up...the reason I say this is not to insult you either, you insulted your self with that false info. I didnt have to look it up, but I bet you will now. :icon_thumleft:

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
lookindown said:
BARKER said:
to wear off ??
What are you talking about, I didnt say anything about Florida detecting laws...besides that, you just posted false info...look it up...the reason I say this is not to insult you either, you insulted your self with that false info. I didnt have to look it up, but I bet you will now. :icon_thumleft:

http://law.onecle.com/florida/real-and-personal-property/705.102.html
I am sure you report all your found property right??

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The old Montana prison is leased from the state on a 100 year lease by a board of directors, They are a not for profit and have all the leagal rights. The archies took this and ran, they wanted arrests to be made ect. ect. The board did get a letter stating that there should have been a permit and in the future make sure that one is obtained. We got written permission from the board and even did a presintation to the board at their annual meeting, Everything was donated to the museum. The article written in a couple papers here in Montana was orginized and supported by the Archies to make it look like they won some great battle but alas its no big deal. noone was fired or taken to jail. Im sure in future episodes they will have other issues but hey its just more publisity. We are not holding out for this show to air for 50 seasons we are just excited to bring our passion for the hobby to the masses as long as that may be. We dont own the network like goldfeaver so I guess they will keep us as long as we are making them some bling.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
montanagold said:
The old Montana prison is leased from the state on a 100 year lease by a board of directors, They are a not for profit and have all the leagal rights. The archies took this and ran, they wanted arrests to be made ect. ect. The board did get a letter stating that there should have been a permit and in the future make sure that one is obtained. We got written permission from the board and even did a presintation to the board at their annual meeting, Everything was donated to the museum. The article written in a couple papers here in Montana was orginized and supported by the Archies to make it look like they won some great battle but alas its no big deal. noone was fired or taken to jail. Im sure in future episodes they will have other issues but hey its just more publisity. We are not holding out for this show to air for 50 seasons we are just excited to bring our passion for the hobby to the masses as long as that may be. We dont own the network like goldfeaver so I guess they will keep us as long as we are making them some bling.

First lesson for you.
County courthouse has records due to property tax. These records tell you who OWNS the property. Easy to get the real owner of the property you are interested in. It saves such problems and takes very little time.
I guess you did not know this.

As for the no permit, they would bust an archeologist for such, why not you?? Are you now above the law??

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lostcauses said:
lookindown said:
BARKER said:
to wear off ??

http://law.onecle.com/florida/real-and-personal-property/705.102.html
I am sure you report all your found property right??
I dont report it to Treasure Salvage Inc. :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great show team ATC. I never thought it would generate this much interest. Way to go and I wish you continued success. The haters wish all the hype would die, but its BLOWING UP BABY.!!!!

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[/quote]

First lesson for you.
County courthouse has records due to property tax. These records tell you who OWNS the property. Easy to get the real owner of the property you are interested in. It saves such problems and takes very little time.
I guess you did not know this.

As for the no permit, they would bust an archeologist for such, why not you?? Are you now above the law??

[/quote]

No nee to give me a lesson I know where to do research, We had permission reguardless of what anybody says. An archie wouldnt get busted for digging at the prision because they wouldnt be interested in digging there, they only like to dig up bodies and disturb graves for notariety. We are not above the law and were told that we would need a permit next time, but thats ok there are a ton more interesting sites out there.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
lookindown said:
Great show team ATC. I never thought it would generate this much interest. Way to go and I wish you continued success. The haters wish all the hype would die, but its BLOWING UP BABY.!!!!
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:Yep... the more people talking weather it bad or good .. Means a lot of people watching.. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I think there is a lot of jealousy going on here ... all the ones that knock the show.... Would in a minute do the show if asked..........

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
lookindown said:
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:Yep... the more people talking weather it bad or good .. Means a lot of people watching.. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I think there is a lot of jealousy going on here ... all the ones that knock the show.... Would in a minute do the show if asked..........

That's not exactly true. I'm sure some would, but a number of posters have already commented that they have turned down show requests in the past. Not everybody is all about the money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread