Anyone have any luck finding gold in Idaho with a whites MXT?

laxjustin21

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2011
Nampa, ID
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After doing a LOT of reading, and looking at several forums, I think I have chosen to buy Whites MXT. I like what people have to say about the prospecting function as long as you use the right loop. And I also like what people have to say about using it for coins and the relic function. First and foremost I am a gold prospector in Idaho, but I just read the lay of the land, but i think I would like to have a detector to try out nugget shooting until i have enough to buy a minelab5000. I prospect around Idaho City, Centerville, Placerville, Featherville, etc. And I would like to know if anyone has any success finding any nuggets out there with anything other than GB2. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for any and all advice.

-laxjustin21

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't have any problems finding what your looking for. By using the Double D coil, you will probably have better luck in finding gold. Very versatile machine. Good Luck.

OP
OP
laxjustin21

laxjustin21

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2011
Nampa, ID
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks old digger, that seems to be everyone's impression who have used them. I think it will be a great investment. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread