Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others

Attachments

• dust.jpg
    dust.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 331
S

shreddah

does it at least make up for what you paid?? if your profit is not larger than the cost they charge then it might not be worth it to cotinue going back, IMHO!

OP
OP
Heavy Chevy

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
shreddah said:
does it at least make up for what you paid?? if your profit is not larger than the cost they charge then it might not be worth it to cotinue going back, IMHO!

hey sheddah,

If you count the fact that i had to drive 3 hours to the site, and pay $5.00 to pan all day.I probably didn't break even.
I chose to spend the night comfortably ( i. e. motel room as opposed to a tent, my wife being pregnant and all)
But we had a good time. That was worth it to me.

Usually when i go alone i rough it at the campground they have( pitch a tent or sleep in the truck) People are dredging in the creek or high banking.

I sometimes get about a gram on a good day panning, but there are some nice people there and the experience is good for me.People have let me help them run their dredges and high bankers, so i have a good time.

Take Care and thanks for the all the positive responses !!

Mike in SC

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Anyone living in Oregon that is looking to pan for a little or a lot of gold-have no idea what you might find.
I have a 130 acre claim that has NEVER been worked but I did collect a few rocks and found 1 small platinum nugget and in another about 1 gram of gold. I filed a claim and came back home to Florida. I left my son in charge-well he decided to move to Texas and NEVER did a damn thing. This was 2 years ago and I have not been back and chances are I will never go back.
If you want to see something funny watch me trying to climb the side of a Mountain with only one leg but I get there never the less.
Anyone interested I can send you a copy of where the claim is. All I ask is that if you do find something just send me a small piece and GOOD LUCK.
Peg Leg

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pegleg,
Have you been keeping up on the yearly dues? Not sure about Oregon, but in AZ if you don't pay the fines every year, or do assessment work, the state takes the claim back.

Just curious.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Nice color....I understand that there are some places like that in Georgia, I am planing to go in the near future. (Pay $ 20.00 for a full day panning trip.)

If you want to see a dredge to be given away for free go to
losttreasure.com once there, press the
win a detector button.

Good luck

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike,

2.5 grams, $5 panning fee, hell that is a
good day. Plus you seem to have had a
good time. Heck with the expenses.

Enjoy camping by myself but
that camping is getting old; (not me);
every few days I need to get to a small
town with a motel, a bar.

Again, nice finds.

have a good un..............

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Lou, thats a drywasher. No good if you don't live in the desert. I'll take it anyday, though! I have been entering that contest daily for several years now- never won. Either it's unwinnable or my odds just haven't come around yet, LOL!

Out west we don't have many pay to play sites. There are gangs more that are just as good, but on public land, and free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread