BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Minelab & Garrett Sold Out???

Minelab fails in two weeks??? Do you suppose it's one of the counterfeits we've been warned about? That's off topic, but this isn't. If they are selling that many machines because of TV shows, there are going to be a lot of really disappointed people out there. Standby, keep an eye on ebay, there are going to be a lot of slightly used metal detectors for sale. Prices will probably tank???

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I doubt it takes too much of an increase in sales these days to wipe out inventories as productions and inventories are held to pretty tight limits in the business world today. I doubt we'll see too much change in the number of MD's out there.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BosnMate said:
Minelab fails in two weeks??? Do you suppose it's one of the counterfeits we've been warned about? That's off topic, but this isn't. If they are selling that many machines because of TV shows, there are going to be a lot of really disappointed people out there. Standby, keep an eye on ebay, there are going to be a lot of slightly used metal detectors for sale. Prices will probably tank???

Fortunately for us the vast majority of the new machines sold will end up collecting dust in someones closet, or on ebay. Once they go out and start find pulltabs and corroded zinc pennies disillusionment will set in. ;D ::)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

BosnMate said:
Minelab fails in two weeks??? Do you suppose it's one of the counterfeits we've been warned about?
A lot have bought Minelab detectors from reputable dealers that have not worked right out of the box or failed the first month......... And then bacK to Minelabs great service ... We can't help you..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Neil in West Jersey said:
This is one of the rumors circulating around. I have a friend whose two week old e-trac failed and he is being told they are unable to replace it at this time because of an unanticipated increase in sales following the premier of the new reality series on TV. They simply do not know when more will be available.
You said that Minelab was sold out ..... But who said Garrett was sold out.??

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Woodland Detectors said:
There are some available as of today. (Etrac's) Let me know if anyone needs one.
You mean that is really a true story about Minelab And Garrett sold out of detectors.??????

Graddick

Sep 17, 2011
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool Hand Fluke said:
Fortunately for us the vast majority of the new machines sold will end up collecting dust in someones closet, or on ebay. Once they go out and start find pulltabs and corroded zinc pennies disillusionment will set in. ;D ::)

I smell some good deals on secondhand detectors in a few years. If only I hadn't just bought a new machine....

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

*laws of economics* *laws of supply/demand*

All the fad-followers will be buying detectors, some pricey ones for the extreme-hobbyist-wanna-be, and soon they will all be on Ebay because:

-they didn't find a treasure chest, the Holy Grail, or the Arc of the Covenant...
-the machine is too complicated. It actually takes reading a manual...
-they actually have to turn theit computer off and go outside, ouch!...
-they have to actually do a 'physical chore' ... digging! ouch!...
-they will want to recoup SOME of their money for a hobby that is not action packed!...

We'll be getting anything from ACE150's for $50 ... to ... Etracs for $700 ....

get ready to get a nice collection of the detectors of your dreams!

let's just hope they didn;t do enough damage in the local parks to get everyone banned for the future...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe the show has anything to do with it. Minelab has had shortages in the past so it's just some creative BS to suggest it's the show. Very typical of that company to do such a thing.

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really dont think the show will attract more attention to the hobby other than land owners thinking they have a gold mine in their yards and limiting us from detecting. It is also on Spike TV which is not an important channel IMO at least around here where I am from. Look at the showns like pawn stars and American Pickers...you dont see everyone dumpster diving trying to make a million bucks.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't believe the show has anything to do with it. Minelab has had shortages in the past so it's just some creative BS to suggest it's the show. Very typical of that company to do such a thing.

Don't be so sure. I have always watched Craigs List, and have noticed a dramatic increase in "Detector Wanted" ads!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions