Lucky Muckers - Chicago Ron

NewsMan

Mar 25, 2011
Yep. Excellent show. The guy wasn't a yahoo and showed true interest in history. Loved how he expressed it. Well done using the museum. Great lesson for US archies on how to work with your resources (us). :hello2:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeyfresh said:
Kudos to the Lucky Muckers show on Nat Geo and also to Chicago Ron. It shows what the majority of us relic hunters are truly about and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :icon_thumright:

I love this show.. it is based more in reality than 30$ to 2000$ finds every few minutes. I do not agree with European Ideals of keeping finds, but then they do not understand the idea of personal property rights and freedom, what would we expect! Everything belongs to the collective.

Good show Ron! Way to respect the law of the land (even if it is midevil). It shows that we have respect for backward countries too. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :hello2: :hello2: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well put together show on treasure hunting and its ethics,not like the yah whos running around on the diggers episode
well done Ron..........your narrating sound like the voice on dragnet

Eivin

Nov 5, 2007
Bergen Hordaland
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3. DFX. Whites surf di pro. Troy M5. Ace 250. XP DEUS Ver. 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 glade gutter, en hakket lavere enn de andre.jpg sceat.jpg sceat2.jpg Was in Colchester UK last week metal detecting, and the I met the famus guy. There big norwegian (me to the left of Ron he he ) I also found a scear coin called sceat from 600-700 Saxon before the vikings. cool I just love my new XP DEUS detector.

Last edited:

ky.rebel

Mar 30, 2010
east Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great show,I really enjoyed it. liked the way they portrayed us who like to detect and told more of the history and refered to the museum on the finds. showed that we're not all after the money and that we do care about the history and the laws. hope this show stays on the air. Diggers makes us all seem like a bunch of fools that are just getting rich off the hobby,and have no regard for the history,and leave holes everywhere we go, good for entertainment but I'm afraid some of the new comers to detecting will think this is how we act and do the same. Muckers seems to be a really good show and hope to see more of it. fred

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This one was great. I was very happy to see a show that actually took a realistic look into treasure hunting and MD'ing. I was very pleased that they covered all the facets of the hobby in that location in regards to legalities and hunting techniques. I hope there will be more productions like this...... instead of the other "offerings".

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic program. One of the best ever on Metal Detecting. These are the kinds of programs we need to see more often. It truely shows the detectorests doing exactly what was intended, getting permission and being careful with their finds.

Chicago Ron did it right! "Jolly Good Show!"

Last edited:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DITTO to all the above.
You did a fantastic job Ron.
100 time better then that "other" metal detecting show.
I have hunted with a few of Ron's friends and hope the cross paths one day.
GREAT JOB RON !!!!!!!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing backward about our country, is letting Yanks come here, to detect:mad:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeyfresh said:
Kudos to the Lucky Muckers show on Nat Geo and also to Chicago Ron. It shows what the majority of us relic hunters are truly about and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :icon_thumright:

I love this show.. it is based more in reality than 30$ to 2000$ finds every few minutes. I do not agree with European Ideals of keeping finds, but then they do not understand the idea of personal property rights and freedom, what would we expect! Everything belongs to the collective.

Good show Ron! Way to respect the law of the land (even if it is midevil). It shows that we have respect for backward countries too. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :hello2: :hello2: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Not sure you respect anything, specially spelling Medieval.:happysmiley:

On a constructive note, the mud larks are responsible for some of the British Museums best finds, so yes it shows what can be done. Anything on metal detecting is interesting & Ron proved it wasn't easy on the Thames.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions