gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I am just discouraged with all these treasure hunting shows..... They make us all look like a bunch of idiot's.

Keppy, when we are walking around with our geiger counters and big headphones out on the beach or in the park, surely people will think we are all just a bunch of idiots. :laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have seen, it appears as fake as......well.....wrestling! A bloody nose for any legitimate detectorist. Represents the worse in the hobby and is an embarassment to us all! Monty

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This show also gives the impression that MDist are an arrogant bunch. Do you see the way they get "permission" by bullying the landowners? Wow! If any landowners see this, they may be less inclined to give permission to search their property. I know this show is staged for entertainment purposes but it is at the expense of MDist everywhere...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just discouraged with all these treasure hunting shows..... They make us all look like a bunch of idiot's.

Keppy comes over to our side...in the post "Roundness, Juice and Tokes" you really liked the show. I'm glad you've seen the light.

I did like the 'Lucky Muckers' show which I think portrayed the hobby very well. Nice job Chicago Ron.

NJ

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No doubt... Lucky Muckers (name seems a bit weak for what it was) made us look gooooood. Covered a multitude of sins the others "committed".

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree on the name but they are trying to be edge...those lucky f**kers.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly, Sir.

Cheeky title, but good show, mates!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigscoop,
I just posted on another one of your threads from my Nook and decided to sign onto the computer to write a longer reply but with this new format I can't find anything so I will post it on this thread.

As soon as I watched Diggers and American Diggers I said to myself...this is going to be bad for our hobby. I still feel this way but something good may come from it. With all the bad press/feedback from archaeologists, local leaders and detectorists it sounds like Nat.Geo. is pulling together a few well know people from all three communities to sit down in Washington and discuss/plan a set of best practices and how we can all work together. I think this could create a lot of goodwill on all sides. From the few people I saw that may be involved if they agree I'm very confident this will be a great thing for our hobby. I hope I'm right.

NJ

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those of you who have easilly gotten the two shows mixed up, there is a current show american diggers that has rick savage and there were two pilots with anaconda treasure company that was called diggers. I have seen alot of mix ups between the two on different posts, although the ones who like one dont usually like the other based on principal. ( the black eye theory ) We have not yet started working on the full season of diggers but the snow is melting so should be soon.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was that bad, I couldn't stand myself. . . . .

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible for a class action suit against the diggers show with Rick Savage(I think that is who he is), I'm the last one for suing anyone but this show is going to make it really hard for detectorist to get permission from home/land owners. There will be bad damage from anyone watching the show and thinking thats the way we do things and the last three years I've been throwing away my rusted junk and according to the show I lost about $100,000 dollars the last three years.

Last edited:

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The good is that the 'fadders' get all these mid to top end detectors 'hoping' to find the Holy Grail, Lost Arc of the Covenant, and Blackbeard's buried treasure....
The ETracs, V3i, F75, etc, will all be for sale on Ebay for pennies on the dollar this summer after none of them hit the jackpot.....
We'll all be able to get those detectors we always wanted for very cheap, as another reality show comes out about maple syrup tapping while rain making, during a geo-cache hunt.
The people move on to something else and metal detecting will be forgotten from the general public again....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing "American Diggers"
"Diggers" is looking Mighty Fine to me :D

At least they arn't using heavy equipment,
and claiming $20,000 a site