Whites 5900 di pro sl.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hay there Coin strikeing michigan,

does it go blee beep when you turn it on out side..is it the black box 5900 , and does it have the blue max deep scan 950, is it ground balancing ok, are you in GEB.Norm. and are you pushing the sig.bal.all the way, and is the sig. bal. on top in front of the tuner or is it on the side in the front were the coil cable plugs in.

you want the tuner just audible or so you can just here it no more than that so the moment it see some then it will in crease loader if that makes sense.. if the ground is hot turn down the tuner lower so the hot ground will be the threshold.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it's the black box 5900 and it also has the 950 coil. I hunt in GEB Disc. The signal balance is on top in front of the tuner. I think I'm ground balancing it properly. I turn the signal balance to just a tad more than preset.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that loop crank it up, it will handle it. I never take the maximum 1500 off. she will run a little un stable at second to last bar on the sig. bal. but that a big coil it see a lot of ground, how long have you had it ..does it bee beep out side when you turn it on if not there could be some then wrong.

it love hot rocks you will dig them and high power lines plays with it...I hunt in g.e.b norm I never stray from that channel... tune the tuner so it's a light sharp pear-sing sound a little more and you will lose the sharp pear-sing sound because after that sound is the sound of the ground bring it up or there is a target there.. I should make a video on how to tune the 5900 so every buddy will know what a properly tune threshold sounds like on a 5900 Di Pro....

I wish my mxt threshold sounded like that.. if you ever get up this way we can hook up....

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only had it a couple days. I can't recall if it bee beeps when I turn it on outside. I put everything on preset and hold the coil at waist level then I switch to geb norm and squeeze the trigger...then I release the trigger and lower the coil to the ground and turn the knob left or right depending on if the sound gets lower or higher until it sounds the same. Then I switch back to geb disc and start swinging.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan

that sound about right,the only time your discrimination works is when it's in tr mode any other mode is all iron the needle will still show you what is there like dime , quarter, nickle, but it still beeps regardless were you have your dist set.

was out to day with the 5900 G.E.B. norm mode, and found a quarter. and three pounds of Glacial float copper about eleven pieces, an old paper shot gun shell, was out for 3 hours even the gtax found a piece of Glacial float copper I lent it out to a friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread