All Treasure Hunting
All my numbers were erased, disgusting,

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
TINPAN, DON'T LEAVE! OTHER GUYS & GALS, DON'T LEAVE! FORMAT'S CHANGED, BUT WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WE WERE AND WITH THE SAME ENTHUSIAM FOR THIS HOBBY OF OURS. TINPAN, you're my all-time fave poster, so please hang in there til we all get used to the new t-net. I have even more reason than most to ditch this new format due to the fact that SUDDENLY NOW even reading posts is difficult for me due to my limited vision and the new tiny print here. Grrr. But I'm not leaving! I'm gonna stick with it and figure out all the new manuvers here. If I'm staying at age of 70 with limited vision, arthritis, etc., you can all handle the change! I loved t-net exactly as it was but hey, we can handle it! And we should each clue in the moderators with whatever improvements we want and with what glitches we discover in the new format!
HH to ALL. Andi

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate to say it, but I'm also not at all impressed with the new format. Starting from the BIG Google ad banner staring you in the face when you log in. At least the old ads were sponsors of the site. They were NOT GOOGLE ADS! I have a feeling that "the friendly site" will be getting a lot more traffic.

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not giving up yet! Where can I find EXTRAS (oil and metal prices).

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm glad to see everyone griping, that means that you are still using the forum to post and communicate with your friends. The people and the conversations have not changed, just the colors and the location of a few things. It won't take long to get used to the new layout. There are a LOT of nice new features that the old site didn't have, so in my opinion it's an upgrade. Maybe a little clumsy for a few weeks, but we'll all get used to it.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
i have been here bout 6 years i guess, the main reason i enjoyed this site and stayed as long as i have is because of the format. i use my phone more often than not on here and vb is a pain in my arse with the phone. how did a simple site that was so easy to navigate turn into this? It reminds me of walmart now, most that lived in small towns with mom n pop stores doing well right up until the day the big box store opened its doors. I fear my time here is over time to hit the simple groups on facebook I guess. Anyone thats looking for a great local as in Mo indian artifact site try, Missouri arrowhead and artifact hunters site on fb, its just a great group of people sharing their daily finds. as for me im guna look around walmart i mean this new tnet then im outa here!

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change is not the problem , I like change . It is the changing all at once on a massive scale . That is the issue.
I am still out on what I am going to do , but what ever it is it will be what I want and need . I know that my leaving will not change a thing here if I leave , but I really can not believe they did a change like this .
AS I see it this was not well though out , the outcome of what would happen . They may own the site , and that is a fact , but the site is the people who use it no matter who the owner is , and that is the part that got me. It seems that no one on the owner end even thought about the people who make up this site . That I think is the issue with what has happened .
I guess we will see !
Yes they are trying to get all up and running and working with the users as well as they can .
But the remarks and attacking of some of the users who woke up and found the site as they new it was no more and did not like it and are wondering what happened was not the best way to handle the issue . And they may not have been some of the crew who was doing that also. But some have left not to come back as to the remarks that had been made . Hmm

Last edited:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: I love it, as an old fart 66 with Macular Degeneration in my eyes all I have to do is fix my screen on my computer to enlarge the size of the lettering to suite my needs and the color is great, as for where everything else, I went exploring and followed some post's advice changed settings and such and BINGO the site looks great. Stop Whining and learn a little in your Old Age. :laughing9::laughing9:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a reason - that TreasureNet was number one, in fact there were several reasons. One major reason is that Tnet was DIFFERENT than other places. But, sadly, no longer.

Beth

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, who came here to see dating ads ? say "eye"

The computer geeks who now control this place probably have no interest in detecting, of the half dozen or so moderators I noticed none of them have any amount of posts. So it is safe to assume it is just profit motivation. Hence the stupid girl ads.

One of them said it was mainly about security issues, I agree security is important, and prefer my email is kept secure. That being said I'm sure security could have been handled without changing absolutely EVERYTHING ?

No way to add a picture in a reply, replies themselves are different, what is quick reply ?

Items per page is supposed to be able to be increased in settings, I still had to click through three pages to get anywhere on main topics, like "Todays Finds"

I supposedly activated email notification on a couple of threads, that doesn't work.

Furthermore to the moderator who said that only 3% of members would gripe and whine, and only 1% would leave. From what I've read that small percentage were mostly posters with big numbers, if the big posters leave there won't be much left for the rest to look at, or get what is this answers from.

IP said this place was more work, and it is. I'm not looking to take a course on how the geeks run things.

So I didn't just say I don't like it, I gave some reasons.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there as you can see that we're still making a lot of tweaks and improvements. We might also have a really cool custom skin for you guys so that the site doesn't seem so plain. However, we had to roll this one out for all the folks that just want a nice basic skin.

If there is anything you need assistance with, please just ask and I'm sure you will find that we're happy to help you :)

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my numbers were erased, disgusting,

What numbers are gone? If something's missing we would like to find out what so we can put it back. We took a ton of extra time to make sure no data was lost in the conversion.

I'm not giving up yet! Where can I find EXTRAS (oil and metal prices).

Extras are on the side menu. If you go to the home page or forum index and look for the navigation menu, click on Extras, and Metal Prices (and other features) are there as well: TreasureNet

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I loved TreasureNet was for the ease of navigation, it was by far the easiest treasure site to navigate, pictures were right there......It has lost all of that now.

It is like coming come from work, finding your wife who had long blond hair below her waist now has short black hair, and every piece of furniture in the house has been moved, including my favorite recliner and big screen TV....

Been here since early 2006, supported the site with extra donations when Marc needed something on many occasions besides being a charter member since 2006, gave away more than a few charter memberships over the years as well.....

I will try to stick around, but it isn't easy at all with the new format.... I am afraid we are going to lose many of the long time members and their vast wealth of knowledge......

I am still looking for all of my bookmarks I had of the mods with pictures and schematics.... Wish I had know ahead of time they were going to do this, I would have saved them to seperate location, guess I got use to TN always being here....... Better yet a sample of what the website was going to look like would have been nice ahead of time so feed back could have been given...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the preview of what your post will look like....

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the new format and hope it stays. It's faster and cleaner looking. And too they're quickly working on issues and are always ready to make changes that will improve the site. Change is hard to take sometimes but lets be patient.

This forum has more action and more knowledgeable members than all the other treasure forums put together. The layout may now look more like some others but the similarity ends there.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for you opinions Question "Where in the world so they put traffic lights on freeways so you can read bill boards ?

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread