Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did address this here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/288671-reality-guys-girls-2.html#post2730926 & here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/288671-reality-guys-girls-2.html#post2730890

Notice all other questions were answered right away in this thread, except for this one, The owners are nothing more than F'n googleheads. You can bet will see more and more of that crap on here.

My question was "twice" where is the delete account button ?
VB makes me feel like a hostage without the most basic control over MY account, the ability to delete it ?

OK today I saw NO google ads I like that.

Here are a couple more specific things I'd like to see change;

1) I for one, (and maybe many more) would prefer not to be automatically subscribed to threads I make a post in, the preferred way is to opt in. I checked, after you make the post, and click "thread tools" it appears you are not subscribed, but you are.

2) sure in the past there were pictures posted that were way too big, but the new attached thumbnails are perhaps a bit too small, how about a happy medium, a sensible 640 pix wide. they don't use up very much space, and are large enough to see.

shankapotomus

Feb 13, 2012
Upper Coomera,Queensland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We did address this here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/288671-reality-guys-girls-2.html#post2730926 & here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/288671-reality-guys-girls-2.html#post2730890

Notice all other questions were answered right away in this thread, except for this one, The owners are nothing more than F'n googleheads. You can bet will see more and more of that crap on here.

VB makes me feel like a hostage without the most basic control over MY account, the ability to delete it ?

1) I for one, (and maybe many more) would prefer not to be automatically subscribed to threads I make a post in, the preferred way is to opt in. I checked, after you make the post, and click "thread tools" it appears you are not subscribed, but you are.

2) sure in the past there were pictures posted that were way too big, but the new attached thumbnails are perhaps a bit too small, how about a happy medium, a sensible 640 pix wide. they don't use up very much space, and are large enough to see.

your one of these people that don't adapt to change very well

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Only an admin can truly delete an account. We try not to, because it also changes your post history to "guest", and loses forever your trail here. Once done, those posts cannot be restored to you.

To fix this, open your Settings page from the very top of the forum. Then, open General Settings on the left. From there, the second section is called "Messaging and Notification". The second item is Default Thread Subscription Mode. There you will see a drop down list of your options for subscribing to threads and being notified of replies in those threads. Personally, I choose Do Not Subscribe as my default, and only use instant email notification for those threads I manually subscribe to in the Thread Tools tab on those threads I wish to monitor.

I think this has already been addressed, but I'll double check.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think this has already been addressed, but I'll double check.

Unfortunately there is no value that's going to be perfect for everyone. The reason for the thumbnails is for the people who have smaller monitors or limited bandwidth. Thus thumbnails and keeping the image size down. Even 640 pixel images are too large for these people.

So what we are doing is adding an option to do the following... every user will be able to choose one or the other:

1. Display Thumbnails (350 pixels wide)
2. Display Full Image (however many pixels the image is)

I think this is the best happy medium we can find that will suit 99% of the conditions. Let me know if this sounds good to you.

By the way, the old site did not let users delete accounts either. It simply sent a PM to the Admin asking them to do it for the user. The user could never do it himself.

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
I like the new format. And I'm no computer pro. gladly pay another $20 this year to help support the site. Reading through this post it's kind of funny some people just don't like any change. Saw some interesting comments one was he was changing over to the friendly forum. I went to the site and they're using the same software that people complaining about>Friendly
Metal Detecting</EM> Forums - Powered by vBulletin</A> I like both .
vbulletin has been around a long time and most of the larger sites use it. Never had any interest in the type of software but when I saw this I started clicking on properties and it shows you the type of software each site is using guess I was pretty bored today. Anyway good luck with the new site I'm sure it'll work out for everyone. I guess the same thing happen when they changed from a rotary dial telephones to pushbutton. But we had ajust. When's the last telephone booth you used.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new site is SLOWWWWWWWWWW. It takes me a good minute or 2 depending on the page content and how many pictures and posts are in the thread.

It's quite agrivating and makes the change all that much more discouraging.

Edit: It just took over a minute to post once I clicked "post quick reply."

EVERYTHING that I do is slooowwwwww and laggy now. The page will just pause for 3-10 seconds constantly. I don't like it at all.

You guys purchased Treasurenet because it was what it was. That's what attracted you.

You won't make more money by ruining the site. If you want to make money, keep things the way they were.

Why would you take the best treasure hunting website and change it so drasticly that it us a completely different website?

I understand the issues that the site had, but it would have been much better for you to fix the issues rather than change the website...

We don't want new skins. We want simple. We want what Treasurenet WAS.Look at Google. Why are they the best search engine
out there? Because it's simple.

OK THIS IS PI$$ING ME OFF. It took me 12 minutes to type a 2 minute reply because of all the lagging and freezing up. PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP! I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS BEFORE THE "UPGRADE"!

Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new site is SLOWWWWWWWWWW. It takes me a good minute or 2 depending on the page content and how many pictures and posts are in the thread.

Sean, what browser are you using?

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pages load superfast, no problem. Love the new layout. NOW CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT LIKE SWINGING DETECTORS, MAKING GREAT FINDS AND FELLOWSHIP!!!!!!

Graddick

Sep 17, 2011
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something has awoken the spirits of the past. As the moments pass the numbers grow .Cry from a far rips threw the trees and blows away mountain tops. Gathering pace like a wild storm . Thundering scream "What Have you done" " United the members will stand" Well i hope LOL Voice your opinions loudly and one might think about what some are saying. WE LIKED T.N THE WAY IT WAS AND THIS JUST IS NOT THE SAME.My member no is under 600 so i have been here for a long time and have seen many changes but this just awfull.

tinpan

This is sarcasm, right? Please tell me that this is sarcasm.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pages load superfast, no problem. Love the new layout. NOW CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT LIKE SWINGING DETECTORS, MAKING GREAT FINDS AND FELLOWSHIP!!!!!!

Jack, just because yours loads fast does not mean someone elses loads fast, and contrary to what you might think this is important to the long time members here, many of who are paying charter members and have been members here for years, rather than just a couple weeks...

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What version? Does it seem to be working faster now? We had a plugin installed that might have been causing some issues.

Internet Explorer

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx for the memories...im sure alot of good people put alot of hard work into these deprovements,but alas my stoneage computer just cannot function properly under the new format...this truly used to be the best metal detecting forum and might still be ,unfortunatly due to the extremly difficult time my computer and brain have getting where we wanna go i doubt we will be around to find out....so slllllooooooowwwwww..... best wishes... maybe i will give it a few weeks and see if things speed up....

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those of you who are having SLOW load/navigation times please download Google Chrome and use it to navigate and log onto the site. Let us know if you still experience slow load/navigation times while using Google Chrome. This will help us troubleshoot.

I would post a link to the download for Google Chrome but I am mobile right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My current logon may be few weeks old only because ive been gone a few years and was unable to find my old user info. I was on this site from 1999 to 2007. Im not here to fight, change happens, Its just sad members want to jump ship without giving this new format a chance.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi 2screwed, Thats probably a good deal for the Excal. I havent had that much practice with mine, and having some problems hearing or learning the different tones, goes with the age I guess. It is a heavy machine, so maybe not the greatest to swing all day, on land. I have only used it a bit in the water, but not under the water. I had to put a strap around my neck, and then a bungy cord to the shaft, to make it lighter, and it works good now. It seems to go pretty deep, in fact, sometimes a bit too deep, so Im digging holes in low tide hard packed sand/mud, more than 50cm deep, so that is deep for a pull tab. I also have some problems with the weird sounds, but I dont have another machine to compare it with, so I could be doing something wrong. The green machine is the newer version, but have heard complaints about its quality, but $850 I think is a good price. Why is he selling it?

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi 2screwed, Thats probably a good deal for the Excal. I havent had that much practice with mine, and having some problems hearing or learning the different tones, goes with the age I guess. It is a heavy machine, so maybe not the greatest to swing all day, on land. I have only used it a bit in the water, but not under the water. I had to put a strap around my neck, and then a bungy cord to the shaft, to make it lighter, and it works good now. It seems to go pretty deep, in fact, sometimes a bit too deep, so Im digging holes in low tide hard packed sand/mud, more than 50cm deep, so that is deep for a pull tab. I also have some problems with the weird sounds, but I dont have another machine to compare it with, so I could be doing something wrong. The green machine is the newer version, but have heard complaints about its quality, but $850 I think is a good price. Why is he selling it?

Thanks for getting back to me maipenrai. Its the pretty new model. Instead of asking his friends for a little advice he bought it off of ebay on a whim. Seems he thought he might want to try a little water hunting here in Washington. Unfortunately he didn't take into account just how cold the water is here. my wife won a Minelab Eurika Gold at the GPAA gold and treasure show here a couple of weekends ago and gave it to me for my birthday. He was there with us and fell in love with it so i might trade him straight across. Although I was going to sell the Eurika Gold and buy my wife a 705 Gold so she would have her own machine when we went out.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Those of you who are having SLOW load/navigation times please download Google Chrome and use it to navigate and log onto the site. Let us know if you still experience slow load/navigation times while using Google Chrome. This will help us troubleshoot.

I would post a link to the download for Google Chrome but I am mobile right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Not many people want to switch browsers as it is a pain. I used to use Chrome, always crashed. Switched to Mozilla, Tnet works fast and it rarely crashes.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What version? Does it seem to be working faster now? We had a plugin installed that might have been causing some issues.

Internet Explorer

I'm using IE 8 on my home and work machines. No it does not load any faster for me on either machine.

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Not many people want to switch browsers as it is a pain. I used to use Chrome, always crashed. Switched to Mozilla, Tnet works fast and it rarely crashes.
Firefox is pretty good too. IE has never run very well for me and thats why I abandoned it a LOOONG time ago. Terrible browser in my honest opinion.

At any rate those looking to try out Chrome or Firefox I have linked them below. To use them is painless. Just download,install and you are good to go. It will put an icon on your desktop. Simple as that. If you don't like it, simply uninstall it. Chrome and Firefox are EXCELLENT browsers though, I suggest everyone that is not on them to at least give them a shot.

https://www.google.com/chrome?&brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread