What do you think of the new layout?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou 4Nines, that was a quick response to my question. I usually do one or two major articles on the forum each year that I prefer to have a maximum of up to 15 photos. This has required me to post a lengthy article in two separate back-to-back posts in the past so it would seem that issue is history now. Is there any chance you could set my photo limit to 15 please? If you check the "Canada" sub-forum or "Metal Detecting for Gold" sub-forum... you'll see some of these articles for reference...

Jim.

Not a problem! I've actually be following your reports and your last Silver finds were AMAZING! Everyone will now have the ability to post up to 15 images per post :)

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it's set to allow 20 per post so we will just leave it at that :thumb_up:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it like a new dig site, you never know what you might find :D

4Nines what is the Notifications button at the top of the page? They only way I can open it is by right clicking and opening it but I don't now what Notifications mean. Will you enlighten this old fart.;D

You should be able to simply click it with your normal left mouse button and a drop down will appear showing you your new Private Messages, Likes and Visitor Messages:

View attachment 618832

:laughing9: It finally worked for me and then it dawned on me to mark my e-mails as read from the pull down menu.:laughing9: Now I've got to show a little Humility for all the likes I recieved.:laughing9:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yeah you have to click on each one of them and then once you see them it will automatically mark it as read.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Thanks 4Nines...I'm encouraged to ask one more question. That "Electronic Prospecting in Silver Country" article made the Banner. Will that be shown on my avatar somehow or is that feature now unavailable with the new system?

Let me ask the programmer and see how that is supposed to update now. It's supposed to be automatic, but that might not be retroactive, instead just going forward. I will get you taken care of though!

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many thanks 4Nines...I'm impressed with your forthright, quick replies. Very much appreciated... :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

PS: 4Nines...the Banner thingy is now in place...you've done a super job...thanks ever. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh oh, my running totals for finds are missing...maybe it's just me, also I haven't renewed my charter membership yet. I'm not complaining about the new format as I'm used to change and I will adapt.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One more little question...4Nines what is the "Like" intended to do. I'm afraid to click on it...
Thanks...Jim.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh oh, my running totals for finds are missing...maybe it's just me, also I haven't renewed my charter membership yet. I'm not complaining about the new format as I'm used to change and I will adapt.

mine are gone too

Hmmm I can't think of what this is. Can you describe to me what it was exactly and where it was located?

One more little question...4Nines what is the "Like" intended to do. I'm afraid to click on it...
Thanks...Jim.

It's just an easy way to "Like" something quickly without having to enter a new post to the affect of "Nice" or "Good find". I will like your post now so you can see :)

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it, Thank you for the hard work, I know it wasn't easy.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello 4Nines. Under profile/about me, a spot to keep running totals of finds. There are no numbers anymore.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you folks working on the Active Topics Page as mine is frozen and I have to refresh to get the updated posts?
Also I lost all the threads on the Active Topics page, I pressed the minus sign and everything disapeared, How do I get it back?

Last edited:

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like it but it will take some getting used to.

SaludaTeacha

Feb 19, 2011
Leesville, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been on or been out yet this season. Kept thinking I was on the wrong site since I check a couple different MD sites. I was really confused until I realized it was Tnet. Jury is still out, change can be hard. Not digging it yet, but it could grow on me.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok look I gotta be honest, I hate it.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
freakin sucks !!!!!!!!!!!! worst thing to ever happen to this site.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are the stats, use to be as a charter member you could check the sites stats...dont see that any longer?

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I'm not liking the new layout at all. I haven't been to the White's forum, since it split from here, because of the poor changes it underwent. I'm afraid that I will probably end up doing the same with this new format. I think that it is much more inferior to what it was. Sorry, but in my opinion, it was a bad move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread