All Treasure Hunting

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I was confused, but after finally getting logged in, I forgot how my handle was written on this site, with help from John Gonzales, I'm now back to being able to post. Thanks John, now I have to figure out how to change my password.
I am getting used to the new format, it takes time, but it is what it is and I will get used to it in spite of being use to the old format.
Nevada Coyote

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am getting use to most, but there are still 2 things that bug me.
1- It has locked up twice after hitting the button to post. Every thing is locked up but the cursor. I have to to go to the IP page and reenter, but I loose my post.
2- the pages are too short! it is a pain to find things. One of my old posts was 4 pages, now it's 30 something. Some new posts slide off before an occasional poster even see's them. I can only see a disadvantage to the short pages. Frank

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am used to VBulletin software, I moderate another forum that uses the same stuff. It is just about the best stuff going.
The only thing I see going on here at TNet that looks a little out of sync is that on any given page where topics are listed the titles and info seems compressed, it is hard to break the topical info out of what reads like a never-ending non-paragraph.
But that is just me...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is a problem dumping private messages. I selected all and deleate then apply. They all vanished. I then refreshed and they were there again. I tried this twice but they won't go away! Frank
I may have finally dumped them, But the user CP still sayes they are there!

Last edited:

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first impression was that I didn't care for the new set up, but after playing around some it kinda grows on you. I think it will work out fine

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I don't post much but I 'm here with y'all nearly every day and yeah I guess I gotta say I'm one of the older guys. Technology? No not really my thing. I think that I could take liberty and say that it's not alot of others on this forums thing either. So maybe a lot of us don't understand why and how a software change makes a successful format look and operate so differently. I'm sure over time issues will be worked out by administrators and members. If I stay I'll be on the long learning curve.
That being said, I do know a thing or two about art and Graphic design. Consumer products are designed, built and marketed with visual appeal in mind. This site comes nowhere near that mark. The drab Beige color of this site is not appealing. It was once used for vehicle paint and interiors. It was also used for industrial machinery. It is used today for very little if anything because, well look at it!
Also, if I haven't chosen an Avitar I don't need a Bad, computer generated, primary school looking one installed for me.
This may all sound menial but stop and think about it. Nearly every thing we buy, sell, use and love ultimately involves visual appeal.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
So far i like the old layout, but then again I don't post on other forums and this layout is strange to me. You click on the picture icon and a box pops up and does nothing. The old system was easy, it automaticly jumped to your pictures. Two of my posts have vanished into thin air after I hit the submit button, and whats that auto saved that flashes in the lower right corner? Change is constant, but it's a real bitch. I am a well enough alone person. Frank View attachment 618739
Hay, that's what I call service, the brouse is back. Maybe there is hope!

This may take some getting used to.

:blackbeard:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not real fond of the " New Deal " so far but I'm gona mess around awhile before I bolt .

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only been around for a few years and I feel like I lost a Old Friend, she may have been broken but she was easy to get along with and most of all she was unique. I know all will work out in time, but changes, and old age don't mix well for me.

Last edited:

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seabumm.
I'd suggest you get a new Avatar. I've had that now for about 5 yrs. Did you take it from me?
Don't know anywhere else it could have come from.
That's really kinda uncool on this forum.
Mods, do you have any control over this kind of thing?
Coinshooter

This place is great, I could get use too this!!
Great people too'' HH.

Last edited:

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do I change the colors?

How can I get the original colors back? These ones really hurt my eyes. Do you have a way we can adjust the color as we see it the way we like it to be?
This tan coloring reminds me of a bad case of Poison Oak (when I have to put on my Calomine Lotion!). YUK!

I VOTE TO FIX THE BROKEN FORUM AND REPOST IT.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have typed in to edit and it froze and never posted change. It does have some good feartures but I had to learn to go back to the last page to see my recent post instead of being at the bottom of the page like most have said.

Burnt Chimney

Nov 14, 2008
Hornet Nest North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT F-75 AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can I get the original colors back? These ones really hurt my eyes. Do you have a way we can adjust the color as we see it the way we like it to be?
This tan coloring reminds me of a bad case of Poison Oak (when I have to put on my Calomine Lotion!). YUK!

I VOTE TO FIX THE BROKEN FORUM AND REPOST IT.

You said it my friend , these colors will not let me hang around long. Its kinda of like watching some one weld !:sad5::sad5:

Graddick

Sep 17, 2011
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except for the spam, it's awesome. 8) I think everyone will get used to it. We're finally into the 2010's!

Very true. The old format looked like something left over from the 90s.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow....another change. They just keep comming. Not sure how I like it as I just logged in after a week or whatever it's been. I didn't see in my profile if I'm still a charter member??? I know I am but didn't see it listed. Maybe after I post it will show???
When I have more time to play on the puter I'll push some buttons to see what they do, in the meantime, I don't have that much time. I liked the old layout for the simplicity of it.
Yes, the color is nice on the eyes but who cares???
A forum should be functional and easy and maybe the new people will get used to the change quicker than me...just like cell phones I suppose.
I like all the post replies on one page. I don't like having to scroll through pages to see posts...PIA!.

I came on here this morning to browse some of my favorite forums and found this. It was just an assault to my eyes with everything looking jumbled up.

Pretty just isn't functional to me. I like basics thank you very much.
Ok...so how do I put one of the emoticons in my post??? Geeze guys, come on!!!

Al

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....another change. They just keep comming. Not sure how I like it as I just logged in after a week or whatever it's been. I didn't see in my profile if I'm still a charter member??? I know I am but didn't see it listed. Maybe after I post it will show???
When I have more time to play on the puter I'll push some buttons to see what they do, in the meantime, I don't have that much time. I liked the old layout for the simplicity of it.
A forum should be functional and easy and maybe the new people will get used to the change quicker than me...just like cell phones I suppose.
I like all the post replies on one page. I don't like having to scroll through pages to see posts...PIA!.

I came on here this morning to browse some of my favorite forums and found this. It was just an assault to my eyes with everything looking jumbled up.

Al

Al, I see your CM ribbon. I see some emoticons, but if you want to add more...just click on the "Smiley" & the click on "More", many to chose from. :icon_thumleft:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Al

Al, I see your CM ribbon. I see some emoticons, but if you want to add more...just click on the "Smiley" & the click on "More", many to chose from. :icon_thumleft:

I see it now too, thank you. I tried posting an emoticon from the list, it didn't work. The one that shows I guess is a default when you put 3 Q marks in a row. Gonna take time. I'm more worried about other stubborn oldtimers like me getting flustered with having to figure this out and laeaving, thus depriving me of the opportunity of their wisdom.
Al

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
New LAYOUT

I don;t like it at all, I think the old way was easier to read. Just my opinion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread