what i think of the new layout.

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trust me i'm not the kind of person that likes changes and was dreading the day of the big layout change, but sometimes changes have to be done, but i think it should have been done in a slower and less abrupt and sudden way to allow time for peoples minds to adjust to the changes. i absolutely hate waking in somewhere and someone has completely changed a room without warning. the best way to change something is to do it slowly and in small sections to allow for for the mind to adjust. i just wanted to be clear i don't hate the new layout but i much more prefer the old layout because i was used to it. I believe that certain features of the older layout should return, like the background with the gold coins i, adding a background could really add a sense of space and vibrancy to the webpage like it had in the previous layout. post what you think of the new layout and if you agree or disagree with me and what you think they have impoved on and what you think they should change to complement the older layout that was so successful.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trust me i'm not the kind of person that likes changes and was dreading the day of the big layout change, but sometimes changes have to be done, but i think it should have been done in a slower and less abrupt and sudden way to allow time for peoples minds to adjust to the changes. i absolutely hate waking in somewhere and someone has completely changed a room without warning. the best way to change something is to do it slowly and in small sections to allow for for the mind to adjust. i just wanted to be clear i don't hate the new layout but i much more prefer the old layout because i was used to it. I believe that certain features of the older layout should return, like the background with the gold coins i, adding a background could really add a sense of space and vibrancy to the webpage like it had in the previous layout. post what you think of the new layout and if you agree or disagree with me and what you think they have impoved on and what you think they should change to complement the older layout that was so successful.

Unfortunately the way the software conversion works is that there is no way to do it slowly. It's kind of all or nothing. Otherwise, you have some posts going to the old software, some going to the new software, and stuff is going to get lost :(

That's why we had to shut down the old site to do the conversion... so nothing got mixed up in between or lost.

Now, we are definitely working on improving this place and making it more like the old site. We are looking if we can integrate the old coin background here, and a ton of other things as well. I'm trying to get a high quality copy of the old mascot that we can add to our logo as well, I think it'd look great up there. The problem is we only have the picture that was on the old site and when we expand it, its grainy. We need a high quality image to work with :(

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are working on getting the old background going on the site now :thumb_up:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yyyyeeeaahhhh that looks nice :cool:

OP
OP
treasurepirate1

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone for replying back and answering to my opinion, that seems great what you guys are doing to try to mimic the old layout, when i logged back in just now i was exited that you Incorporated the coin background and as i'm typing this i just saw the mascot come back, just curious were you going to do the background before i mentioned it or did my post encourage you adding it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
treasurepirate1

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also i would like to know if your adding the numbers that show the amount of times a post has been read,this was at the top of each post in the old layout. if not that would be halpful because i always like to know how many times my posts have been read.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the graphics were last the list during the conversion process. We wanted to make sure the forum worked first ;) There are quite a few ideas we have and I'm sure you'll continue to see improvements over the coming weeks.

thanks everyone for replying back and answering to my opinion, that seems great what you guys are doing to try to mimic the old layout, when i logged back in just now i was exited that you Incorporated the coin background and as i'm typing this i just saw the mascot come back, just curious were you going to do the background before i mentioned it or did my post encourage you adding it?

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We had discussed using it but weren't quite sure. Your suggestion pushed us over the top and made us experiment with it and we are glad we did. It looks great there and really reminds us of the old site. The best of both worlds really. Thank you for the suggestion!

also i would like to know if your adding the numbers that show the amount of times a post has been read,this was at the top of each post in the old layout. if not that would be halpful because i always like to know how many times my posts have been read.

The "views" does show on the thread listing screen, etc. It doesn't show in the actual thread. But if you look at this area for example the post count and view count both show up: General Discussion

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't thought about that, but we'll see what we can do!

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you my friends for the hard work you are doing, it is greatly appriciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread