Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: anyone like AMERICAN DIGGER show...Not Me

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    relic hunter

Dec 2011
    Cape Cod
    tesoro stingray
    71 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I stopped watching the show because I know that if you plant things you have a good idea of where to find them. Maybe he should do show about gardens.
    TreasureWriter likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Jul 2008
    florida and everywhere....
    Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
    4 times
    I was about to start a thread about this...i watch it all the time. my thing is this, they ALWAYS seem to find thousands of dollars worth of stuff everytime....what am I doing wrong?

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    1460 times
    Name:  hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  39.7 KBMr Jody, Not putting enough "fish"in your stories maybe!

us
    Sep 2010
    New Jersey
    Fisher IV
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I like the show it shows the negatives of the hobby by showing people not giving permission which does happen in the field. The Detroit Episode is hard to believe that a air filter would have Coins. I watched the episode closely he has some Morgan Dollars in that pouch. Which can easily be purchased at any coin shop. I think that pouch was staged.

us
    Sep 2010
    New Jersey
    Fisher IV
    16 times
    I agree with you Mr. Jody on that find it hard to believe. I hit a property get a few indian head pennies some Morgans but nothing worth thousands of dollars.

mx
    Nov 2011
    55 times
    none
    Hello All,

Before I go into whether or not I like American Digger let me explain that I don't have television and had never heard of American Digger until yesterday when Kayden told me about it as we searched the ghost town of Peale. So I watched an episode online just now for about 10 minutes. That's all I could handle.

I've been into THing for over 40 years and I have never seen or been a part of any search as it is portrayed by American Digger. This is Hollywood's version of a THing Reality Show. And that's exactly what they are ACTORS. They are not THers and they know nothing of the valuation of artifacts. This is a made for Hollywood presentation of THing that is sensationalized for ratings. The episode that I watched was the one in the Alaska gold fields. In my years in the field I have covered every East Coast State and wreck dived and I have seen iron objects such as tin pans that were left outside disintegrate in 10 years or less. The objects that they were digging appeared to me to be in too good condition to have been in the ground over 100 years and too localized in one spot for the variety of objects not to have been seeded there for the making of the show. As for their valuations of the objects....it's like the Antiques Road Show....just try to get the amount that they quote or that the valuation books say it's worth. (It would be poetic justice if the IRS would tax them based upon what they are claiming the item to be worth.)

I don't believe that the show represents our hobby/profession very well. These ACTORS are crass in their presentation but what else would you expect from a make believe wrestler? It's a show that now gives us make believe Treasure Hunters. Anybody with any sense knows that we don't go about digging up people's yards with excavators or blowing up the hillside behind their house. In fact I'm pretty certain that Savage and his crew are not licensed to even handle explosives.

The show is designed to appeal to the armchair THer who can be compared to the armchair referee. You know the guy....he's never participated in the sport but he knows all about it and will tell you how to do it....and he's an expert!

I have more important things to do than watch these episodes....like planning our next outing to the town of Austin Pa. and representing my hobby in a manner befitting all of us. We just had two successful outings to the ghost towns of Gardeau and Peale. Follow along with us in the Central PA Ghost Towns Group or join us in Austin, Pa.

Bring a video camera and show the world what a real hunt is all about. (Or create a spoof on American Digger and show the world how foolish they are)

us
    Mr.Vince

Mar 2012
    Torrance California
    Older model Tesoro B2 UMax
    Metal Detecting
    I agree, the episode with the coins in the air cleaner.. what a croc. They were all bummed and acting little babies..SCREAMING "we got nothin'... waaahhhhhhhhh then the guy goes..."uh.. what do we have here" and the fat guy instantly starts jumping (trying to erase that image)... he starts jumping up and down and screaming.. I had to turn it off.
    Cheers
    Vince.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    1913 times
    The show is total crap and needs to go.
    You can also comment on their facebook page- Feedback

or send them a letter at- Or send them or their affiliates a letter or email to :

PRESS CONTACT Spike TV, Shana Tepper, 212/767-4275 shana.tepper@mtvstaff.com

Spike TV
    Scott Gurney and Deirdre Gurney
    Gurney Productions, Inc.
    8929 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 510
    Los Angeles, California 90045
    Contact | Gurney Productions

Kevin Kay
    President, Spike TV
    1633 Broadway
    New York, New York 10019
    Feedback

Stephen K. Friedman
    President, MTV
    c/o MTV Studios
    1515 Broadway
    37th Floor
    New York, New York 10036

Shana Tepper
    shana.tepper@mtvstaff.com

Philippe Dauman
    President and Chief Executive Officer
    Viacom Inc.
    1515 Broadway
    37th Floor
    New York, New York 10036
    Viacom
    Last edited by diggummup; May 23, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
    “Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked”
    ―Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

“Dubium sapientiae initium"
    -
    René Descartes

Charter Member
    us
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LagoonRiver

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2091 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TreasureWriter View Post
    (Or create a spoof on American Digger and show the world how foolish they are)
    Now that would be worth watching! Too funny.....could have a ton of laughs with that one.

us
    Jul 2008
    Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
    4 times
    I guess Im not the only one seeing that they must be the chosen ones to find'thousands" of dollars EVERYTIME they go dig!..Well, Im getting low on money, guess Ill go dig couple thousand dollars worth of stuff where ever I decide to dig...LMAO!!!!

us
    Jul 2008
    Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince in So.Cal View Post
    I agree, the episode with the coins in the air cleaner.. what a croc. They were all bummed and acting little babies..SCREAMING "we got nothin'... waaahhhhhhhhh then the guy goes..."uh.. what do we have here" and the fat guy instantly starts jumping (trying to erase that image)... he starts jumping up and down and screaming.. I had to turn it off.
    Cheers
    Vince.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    Maryland
    Minelab CTX3030
    45 times
    Relic Hunting
    I don't like the show. The show with Chicago Ron (Mud Larkers) is an excellent show and represents our hobby in a good way

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
    309 times
    Coin Roll Hunting, Bottle hunting, and Metal Detecting
    I hate the show but like the concept. I watch it every week, but it is pissing me off. I mean, getting arrested? Finding large cents? Backhoes? WTF? I want to see the 1988 corroded cent, and the old 70's pull tab.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    Blob tops: 0
    Hutches: 2
    Medicines: 23
    Local Bottles: 24
    Tokens: 2, (1) Local
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    19th Century cutting scissors
    ~
    Metal Detecting:
    Foreign: 1
    Wheats: 28
    Silver Dimes: 1
    Token: 1
    Clad: $47.53

us
    Sep 2012
    Louisville Kentucky
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (100% medically retired) SEMPER FIDELIS
    390 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    This show pretty much sucks, the only half decent one was the privy dig they did in brooklyn I think it was called brooklyn bowles or bowles of brooklyn Something like that, anyhow he shoulda stuck to wrestling cause he's no actor and I have noticed more people buying detectors and stuff since the show came on... Get ready to feel the rath of the idiots who dig their neighbors yards when their not looking
    VANCE METAL DETECTING

AUTHORIZED DEALER: MINELAB-XP-GARRETT-FISHER-TESORO-TEKNETICS-DETECTOR PRO

"CALL ME LAST" 502-262-0356

NEW AND USED MACHINES IN STOCK ALWAYS

us
    Sep 2007
    47 times
    The show is long gone and no longer on TV which is a good thing. The junk they found is not worth the money they received for it.
    Tnmountains and Mzjavert like this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Owensville In
    Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
    16 times
    BOOM BABY!!!

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    Massachusetts
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    2972 times
    The Truth
    The show is all an act,just like an election.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1065 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Sam View Post
    The show is long gone and no longer on TV which is a good thing. The junk they found is not worth the money they received for it.

Got some bad news for everyone. The network ordered another season. They are filming now and will be back on TV in January of 2013. Check their website. Guess this make believe show is popular with the sponsors and the fans...Boom Baby

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2005
    Baltimore
    White's XLT, White's QXT
    60 times
    Maybe the American Digger guys could get with the Finding Bigfoot guys on Animal Planet and make a show about metal detecting Sasquatch. They could call it Digging Squatches. Hell, the GEICO caveman could narrate. White's could even ask Jimmy Sierra to design a new Bigfoot coil for the show. As ridiculous as that sounds it would be more believable that the nonsense on American Diggers.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1065 times
    Research and occasional field work
    I would agree with you big time, BUT that (those) slobs make a hell of a lot more money with those shows than I make sitting here playing with this desktop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors