anyone like AMERICAN DIGGER show...Not Me

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I was about to start a thread about this...i watch it all the time. my thing is this, they ALWAYS seem to find thousands of dollars worth of stuff everytime....what am I doing wrong?
???:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Mr Jody, Not putting enough "fish"in your stories maybe!

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show it shows the negatives of the hobby by showing people not giving permission which does happen in the field. The Detroit Episode is hard to believe that a air filter would have Coins. I watched the episode closely he has some Morgan Dollars in that pouch. Which can easily be purchased at any coin shop. I think that pouch was staged.

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you Mr. Jody on that find it hard to believe. I hit a property get a few indian head pennies some Morgans but nothing worth thousands of dollars.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,

Before I go into whether or not I like American Digger let me explain that I don't have television and had never heard of American Digger until yesterday when Kayden told me about it as we searched the ghost town of Peale. So I watched an episode online just now for about 10 minutes. That's all I could handle.

I've been into THing for over 40 years and I have never seen or been a part of any search as it is portrayed by American Digger. This is Hollywood's version of a THing Reality Show. And that's exactly what they are ACTORS. They are not THers and they know nothing of the valuation of artifacts. This is a made for Hollywood presentation of THing that is sensationalized for ratings. The episode that I watched was the one in the Alaska gold fields. In my years in the field I have covered every East Coast State and wreck dived and I have seen iron objects such as tin pans that were left outside disintegrate in 10 years or less. The objects that they were digging appeared to me to be in too good condition to have been in the ground over 100 years and too localized in one spot for the variety of objects not to have been seeded there for the making of the show. As for their valuations of the objects....it's like the Antiques Road Show....just try to get the amount that they quote or that the valuation books say it's worth. (It would be poetic justice if the IRS would tax them based upon what they are claiming the item to be worth.)

I don't believe that the show represents our hobby/profession very well. These ACTORS are crass in their presentation but what else would you expect from a make believe wrestler? It's a show that now gives us make believe Treasure Hunters. Anybody with any sense knows that we don't go about digging up people's yards with excavators or blowing up the hillside behind their house. In fact I'm pretty certain that Savage and his crew are not licensed to even handle explosives.

The show is designed to appeal to the armchair THer who can be compared to the armchair referee. You know the guy....he's never participated in the sport but he knows all about it and will tell you how to do it....and he's an expert!

I have more important things to do than watch these episodes....like planning our next outing to the town of Austin Pa. and representing my hobby in a manner befitting all of us. We just had two successful outings to the ghost towns of Gardeau and Peale. Follow along with us in the Central PA Ghost Towns Group or join us in Austin, Pa.

Bring a video camera and show the world what a real hunt is all about. (Or create a spoof on American Digger and show the world how foolish they are)

Vince in So.Cal

Mar 25, 2012
Torrance California
Detector(s) used
Older model Tesoro B2 UMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, the episode with the coins in the air cleaner.. what a croc. They were all bummed and acting little babies..SCREAMING "we got nothin'... waaahhhhhhhhh then the guy goes..."uh.. what do we have here" and the fat guy instantly starts jumping (trying to erase that image)... he starts jumping up and down and screaming.. I had to turn it off.
Cheers
Vince.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is total crap and needs to go.
You can also comment on their facebook page- Feedback

or send them a letter at- Or send them or their affiliates a letter or email to :

PRESS CONTACT Spike TV, Shana Tepper, 212/767-4275 [email protected]

Spike TV
Scott Gurney and Deirdre Gurney
Gurney Productions, Inc.
8929 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 510
Los Angeles, California 90045
Contact | Gurney Productions

Kevin Kay
President, Spike TV
1633 Broadway
New York, New York 10019
Feedback

Stephen K. Friedman
President, MTV
c/o MTV Studios
1515 Broadway
37th Floor
New York, New York 10036

Shana Tepper
[email protected]

Philippe Dauman
President and Chief Executive Officer
Viacom Inc.
1515 Broadway
37th Floor
New York, New York 10036
Viacom

Last edited:

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I guess Im not the only one seeing that they must be the chosen ones to find'thousands" of dollars EVERYTIME they go dig!..Well, Im getting low on money, guess Ill go dig couple thousand dollars worth of stuff where ever I decide to dig...LMAO!!!!

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I agree, the episode with the coins in the air cleaner.. what a croc. They were all bummed and acting little babies..SCREAMING "we got nothin'... waaahhhhhhhhh then the guy goes..."uh.. what do we have here" and the fat guy instantly starts jumping (trying to erase that image)... he starts jumping up and down and screaming.. I had to turn it off.
Cheers
Vince.
:laughing7::laughing9:

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't like the show. The show with Chicago Ron (Mud Larkers) is an excellent show and represents our hobby in a good way

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate the show but like the concept. I watch it every week, but it is pissing me off. I mean, getting arrested? Finding large cents? Backhoes? WTF? I want to see the 1988 corroded cent, and the old 70's pull tab.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This show pretty much sucks, the only half decent one was the privy dig they did in brooklyn I think it was called brooklyn bowles or bowles of brooklyn Something like that, anyhow he shoulda stuck to wrestling cause he's no actor and I have noticed more people buying detectors and stuff since the show came on... Get ready to feel the rath of the idiots who dig their neighbors yards when their not looking

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is long gone and no longer on TV which is a good thing. The junk they found is not worth the money they received for it.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The show is long gone and no longer on TV which is a good thing. The junk they found is not worth the money they received for it.

Got some bad news for everyone. The network ordered another season. They are filming now and will be back on TV in January of 2013. Check their website. Guess this make believe show is popular with the sponsors and the fans...Boom Baby

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Maybe the American Digger guys could get with the Finding Bigfoot guys on Animal Planet and make a show about metal detecting Sasquatch. They could call it Digging Squatches. Hell, the GEICO caveman could narrate. White's could even ask Jimmy Sierra to design a new Bigfoot coil for the show. As ridiculous as that sounds it would be more believable that the nonsense on American Diggers.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I would agree with you big time, BUT that (those) slobs make a hell of a lot more money with those shows than I make sitting here playing with this desktop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread