Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually don't have much to say on issues but I have a need to on this one.
I'm a Charter Member but one benefit I don't like is reading about all the gripping and whining from a lot of Non and Charter Members
threatning to quit. I'm an old fart also but I live life on lifes terms, if I don't know, I learn, PERIOD. Sure the old site was easy to use for me because I've been using it for such a long time but maybe not as long as other members but times change and I learn to live in the changes because if I don't I would be lost.

I choose to be a Charter Member on all the sites I visit not just this one and also donate because I want to support them (as at this time I can afford it) so that I can have sites to visit especially when I get really old because Metal Detecting is what it's all about with me but then again I have to deal with personalities that in no way I would associate with but then again I accept them.

The negativity on this site right now is away overboard and I feel for the new owner or owners and the geeks doing the site but guess what? People come and people go,
I'm not important only to myself and I can always be replaced by someone else.

I'm actually enjoying the site and getting something out off the changes because I'm learning, me an old fart is learning:happysmiley:

What I'm trying to say folks is enjoy life, stop threatning and learn you'll be a lot happier for it. I Am

Attachments

• emot86.gif
    emot86.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 380

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the support Marchas 45. We are doing our best to give everyone a great new home. We are always open to suggestions on improving the site and are doing our best to work out some of the kinks. We will get there! Thanks for your support!!!

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have to say i am not fond of the new layout
but lets face the facts t-net is what it is beacuse of its members

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Charter Member but one benefit I don't like is reading about all the gripping and whining from a lot of Non and Charter Members
threatning to quit. I'm an old fart also but I live life on lifes terms, if I don't know, I learn, PERIOD. Sure the old site was easy to use for me because I've been using it for such a long time but maybe not as long as other members but times change and I learn to live in the changes because if I don't I would be lost.

I choose to be a Charter Member on all the sites I visit not just this one and also donate because I want to support them (as at this time I can afford it) so that I can have sites to visit especially when I get really old because Metal Detecting is what it's all about with me but then again I have to deal with personalities that in no way I would associate with but then again I accept them.

The negativity on this site right now is away overboard and I feel for the new owner or owners and the geeks doing the site but guess what? People come and people go,

I'm actually enjoying the site and getting something out off the changes because I'm learning, me an old fart is learning:happysmiley:

What I'm trying to say folks is enjoy life, stop threatning and learn you'll be a lot happier for it. I Am

Hey You Rock !

4dcr

Mar 31, 2006
Boston
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, White's DFX & Garrett ACE 250
I agree the change is here to stay, stop complaining and maybe suggest some new ideas to make it better than ever.

HH
4dcr

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have to say i am not fond of the new layout
but lets face the facts t-net is what it is beacuse of its members
Hi fmerg! Thank you for the feedback on the new layout. While it is not positive I hope that once you warm up to it you find it a lot more safe, organized and easier to use. Your last comment about the members making T-Net what it is, that is the absolute truth :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What I'm trying to say folks is enjoy life, stop threatning and learn you'll be a lot happier for it. I Am'
A lot of what you say is very true, but you have to remember that a lot of people on Treasure Net have devoted a great many hours, over a LONG period of time, posting and I'ding finds, if they are not happy with the change then they might slip away...These are the members that make the site for what it is, if folks don't complane, then nothing gets fixed, there are a lot of detecting sites in the UK I could join but none are as Live as Treasure net, it's these members... that make it that way.

SS

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What I'm trying to say folks is enjoy life, stop threatning and learn you'll be a lot happier for it. I Am'
A lot of what you say is very true, but you have to remember that a lot of people on Treasure Net have devoted a great many hours, over a LONG period of time, posting and I'ding finds, if they are not happy with the change then they might slip away...These are the members that make the site for what it is, if folks don't complane, then nothing gets fixed, there are a lot of detecting sites in the UK I could join but none are as Live as Treasure net, it's these members... that make it that way.

SS
I think I qualify as one of those members who "have devoted a great many hours, over a LONG period of time, posting and I'ding finds," over the 8 years that I have been a member here. I honestly didn't like the surprise I saw once I was able to log back on after a day of waiting. But once the intial shock wore off, I got over it. I'm still adjusting to the new site as is everybody. I'm gonna miss the old format, but that's life. Yes, the members DO make the site what it is. And NO people don't like change, but alas, change is an inevitable fact of life in all manner of speaking. This is still the best all around treasure hunting site out there. Anyone with half a brain (and some with no brains) will stick around, those that don't, well maybe they weren't as dedicated to this site as they should/could have been. Life goes on and so will Treasurenet. It looks to me as if the new owners are bending over backwards trying and conform to our wants and needs and I think they are doing a damn fine job at it. Personally, after reading some of the things i've read on other posts in regards to all of this, i'd of lost my cool with a few people already if I were one of those owners. Patience is a virtue of which I have yet to master. So to that I say... my hats off to the new owners and keep up the good work. You've done an amazing amount of work in a few days and i'm sure by the time you get done, this site will be better than it was before.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I GUESS I'M AN OLD STICK IN THE MUD.
I REALLY LOVED THE OLD FORMAT, BUT I AM LEARNING THE NEW.
AS LONG AS I CAN FIND MY FRIENDS I WILL KEEP TRYING TO LEARN.

AND BY THE WAY, I HAVE NEVER SEEN CEREALKILLER ON TN UNTIL TODAY... SO I GOTTA ASK...
WHAT HAPPENED TO SUGAR BEAR? HE WAS COOL.

MIKEL

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds

Well said my friend. I have compalined about the switch, but if your customers can't complain about your business when they are not happy about something then as an owner you shouldn't be in business. That being said those customers have two options they can continue to do business with the owner or they can stop. But I believe don't complain about it and just run away not to return. Stay give it a go at it and try to make it work and hopefully it does, but at least you tried. Just like the owners here are trying to make it better. it still is very confusing too me overall,but i am trying to hang in there and give it a go at it the best I can.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my theroy is if they don't gripe or complain there not happy

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
What the duece? Now we shouldn't voice our complaints? Some of us ugly ducklings are struggling with the new format, OK?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
well thats a cool post and I haven't paid since last year, but posted enough finds here to make Marc money,,, hell he should pay me, as im one of the diggers that made him something worth selling....... To the new owner Im not real keen on this yet,,, and if i find its harder to post pics than the "marc" site, im gone...
Marc pissed me off enough with his lack of moderation and unwillingness to pay moderators, then throw the in the ditch... Iv invested 5 yrs here.. and dug alot of cool shit I shared freely. His self gratifying, narcasitic, Political and religious forum cost him, and will always... accuse those that Cry baby all you want,,,but It seems marc sold a wooden nickle. I hope they got it cheap...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thats a cool post and I haven't paid since last year, but posted enough finds here to make Marc money,,, hell he should pay me, as im one of the diggers that made him something worth selling....... To the new owner Im not real keen on this yet,,, and if i find its harder to post pics than the "marc" site, im gone...
Marc pissed me off enough with his lack of moderation and unwillingness to pay moderators, then throw the in the ditch... Iv invested 5 yrs here.. and dug alot of cool shit I shared freely. His self gratifying, narcasitic, Political and religious forum cost him, and will always... accuse those that Cry baby all you want,,,but It seems marc sold a wooden nickle. I hope they got it cheap...

I totally disagree with your comments on Marc. I think he ran a great website, even better when he choose to end the politics forum ......

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree that change comes hard sometimes, but I thuroughly enjoy this site. I may not have been here as long as many of you, and I'm not a tech geek by any stretch but somehow I find my way around. I believe a few people just need to step back, catch thier breath and then go about the process of figuring these changes out. Find it iin your hearts to quit all the complaining and applaud the moderaters for all thier hard work.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree that change comes hard sometimes, but I thuroughly enjoy this site. I may not have been here as long as many of you, and I'm not a tech geek by any stretch but somehow I find my way around. I believe a few people just need to step back, catch thier breath and then go about the process of figuring these changes out. Find it iin your hearts to quit all the complaining and applaud the moderaters for all thier hard work.

Gold, their complaining is what is getting some of the changes made that are helping them enjoy the site more.... New management is listening to the complaints and making those changes and for that I praise them....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread