spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 years??? I think you're being too generous there unless it's lost in a desert. After 3-4 years there's little copper left and 1/2 the coin is already eaten away

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50 years??? I think you're being too generous there unless it's lost in a desert. After 3-4 years there's little copper left and 1/2 the coin is already eaten away

Yeah, I may have been too generous.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that in if the zincs stay in the ground 50 years, they will have dissolved away. Only my 2 zinc cents worth.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. Our autonomous robomole will be bringing up silver coins from eight feet deep while we watch on a ground-penetrating radar monitor at home.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I folder any new mint state ones I find, knowing that in fifty years, they will be worth about five or ten cents, and I wont have to buy them if I want them. I'll be six feet under anyway. There are people out there that keep rolls and rolls of new coins from the banks. Not gonna be worth much, ever. Unless you happen upon a die error.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread