Nokta Golden Sense? crazy recovery speed!

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was checking today's email and got my KellyCo advertisement for some new Nokta metal detector. Nokta what?!?... Those non Garrett-Minelab-Fisher-Tesoro-White's machines that no one gets or ventures too (some $3K+)

If you wanna see something pretty darn impressive on recovery speed... click the link I posted, then scroll down to "NOKTA GOLDEN SENSE DEPTH TEST VIDEOS" and then click the first small video out of the 10 'Golden Sense Recovery Speed'.... coin-nail-coin-nail-coin-nail... and running over it....Holy Mackeral!

That is one crazy detector! hip mount box with settings and no TDI, just a hand grip with 2 display lights for 'ferrous' and 'gold/non-ferrous', that hit when you get a signal...
the 13"x16" coil looks insanly big too!...LOL

If you are a 'tones-hunter' you will appreciate this video demo of it....WOW!
and it's under $1000 too.... thoughts?.... ideas?...comments?....

First the Deus and now this?!?!

Nokta Golden Sense Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Last edited:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One problem with Nokta is that they produce to many detectors each of which is claimed to be the greatest then the next one comes along. I hope this is as good as it seems at first glance but no one near me is prepared to risk the money.

I find it a little odd that they make such a plus of it being silent search. Most experienced detectorists know the benefit of having a slight threshold and many detectors allow silent or threshold searching and having a choice is always better.

Meanwhile we can expect to be buried in video clips from the manufacturers and importers. Trouble is they are all so easy to slant in a detectors favour. Improved depths can be demonstrated with many detectors by just offsetting the ground balance to almost the point where the hole itself is detected. You then add a coin or ring, infill with soil or sand and get apparently great results but not result that you can get in real detecting.

On the plus side the build quality keeps improving and nice features are added. I especially like battery check on the battery itself.

In the meanwhile why not let someone else take the risk until independant reports come out for things like wet sand performance. Super fast recovery rates are indicated but I know that's no good on my old sites where the stock coil will be covering two, perhaps even three targets at one time.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bend them nails in to a U and rust them up and try it... my white can do that.. whats so special about that detector...

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One problem with Nokta is that they produce to many detectors each of which is claimed to be the greatest then the next one comes along. I hope this is as good as it seems at first glance but no one near me is prepared to risk the money.

I find it a little odd that they make such a plus of it being silent search. Most experienced detectorists know the benefit of having a slight threshold and many detectors allow silent or threshold searching and having a choice is always better.

Meanwhile we can expect to be buried in video clips from the manufacturers and importers. Trouble is they are all so easy to slant in a detectors favour. Improved depths can be demonstrated with many detectors by just offsetting the ground balance to almost the point where the hole itself is detected. You then add a coin or ring, infill with soil or sand and get apparently great results but not result that you can get in real detecting.

On the plus side the build quality keeps improving and nice features are added. I especially like battery check on the battery itself.

In the meanwhile why not let someone else take the risk until independant reports come out for things like wet sand performance. Super fast recovery rates are indicated but I know that's no good on my old sites where the stock coil will be covering two, perhaps even three targets at one time.
KUDOS to you U.K. Brian! You hit the nail on the head. You are so right on and you give a fair post.
I know we all can't go run out and get every new MD that comes out on the block. I prefer to get advice from owners not the salesman/dealers making it sound like their new MD is the best in the solar system! Many thanks for helping all to keep it real.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was checking today's email and got my KellyCo advertisement for some new Nokta metal detector. Nokta what?!?... Those non Garrett-Minelab-Fisher-Tesoro-White's machines that no one gets or ventures too (some $3K+)

If you wanna see something pretty darn impressive on recovery speed... click the link I posted, then scroll down to "NOKTA GOLDEN SENSE DEPTH TEST VIDEOS" and then click the first small video out of the 10 'Golden Sense Recovery Speed'.... coin-nail-coin-nail-coin-nail... and running over it....Holy Mackeral!

That is one crazy detector! hip mount box with settings and no TDI, just a hand grip with 2 display lights for 'ferrous' and 'gold/non-ferrous', that hit when you get a signal...

Are you a dealer selling the "Golden Sense" MD?

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg A point of curosity! Why do they use left hand threads on the pole connectors?

Relicsjoe

Feb 11, 2010
Golden Sense depth, is it real ?

Does anyone know if the video's showing Golden Sense detectors discriminating a coin at 45 inches is real ? Seems almost too good to be true !

simpala

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about detecting that coin that was in a dugout 12 feet below???? What land owner is going to allow you to backhoe for it? LOL

BarryInNY

Jun 11, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, BLISSTOOL, E-Trac, White's DF, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone keeps making the same mistake - they are showing cm (centremeters) NOT inches in all their videos.
NOTHING impressive about the videos - especially in such clean dirt and in the dry sand...

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

These are pretty inexspensive machines 1100 bucks. Its just another tool for finding treasure. If they work and you find a couple of chains and rings the machine is paid for at that point it becomes a throw away. You seem to have quite an arsenal of detectors (Like most) adding another tool is always a good thing! "The one who dies with the most toys wins"BCNJ

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm never tempted till I can try them in my area. I do keep a fair number of detectors though not all for general use. Some are to show that the old classics can still compete and other (newer) models so people can see just how bad they are compared to the slanted reviews and videos.

youart58

Greenie
Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the white's v3i the minelab e-trac, and I have the Golden Sense now and happy with it. haven't had time much to try it out alot, but so far like it best and won't sell it like the others. had a friend working on lawn sprinker system and could find a vale. I took my $3000.00 locator out to find it and couldn't. so I got my golden sense out and found it in a differnt place then he said it was. awlsome detecor. Its worth the money comphare to the high dollor white's and minelabs. hope this helps some of you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread