Permit !

sanddigger

Mar 25, 2012
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, All its sanddigger I Have a Question.... Can anyone tell me WHY it cost $ 20.00 for a permit in up state New York ? And $40.00 on Long Island ? is not Long Island part of New York ? Why Why ??? I Just like to get anyone 2-cent about this.. Hunt without a permit,or with out ? What do you do ?:unhappysmiley::metaldetector::thumb_down:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you don't live in NYC, the permits are free there :laughing9: Go figure :icon_scratch:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, All its sanddigger I Have a Question.... Can anyone tell me WHY it cost $ 20.00 for a permit in up state New York ? And $40.00 on Long Island ? is not Long Island part of New York ? Why Why ??? I Just like to get anyone 2-cent about this.. Hunt without a permit,or with out ? What do you do ?:unhappysmiley::metaldetector::thumb_down:

You need a permit to hunt NYS parks, and can only hit the water and the sand, no digging in grass. Been this way for a long long time. As far as 40 beans for Long Island, well, everything is more expensive down there. Feel happy that the prices have not changed yet, but they will go up, just a matter of time.

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to pick an argument but is $60 a year too much to pay for this great hobby? I pay $100 per weekend to hunt private land and I am happy not to be looking over my shoulder all of the time. I would be willing to pay $500 a year to be able to hunt anyplace I want all of the time.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be interesting to know how many permits they sell each year and how much revenue is generated from the sale of those permits.

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it would be...I know NYC has just under 400 permits issued for their free system.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Are these $20 & $40 permits to hunt state parks, county parks, or city parks?

1 or more posters claimed detecting wasn't allowed in NYC parks, don't know if they didn't have a free permit or if the rules against detecting are for only some parks or areas of parks. Think I read no detecting in Central or Prospect parks in NYC & somebody was claiming it was illegal to dig within 25 feet of a tree? On state, county, & municipal websites, check rules under parks & rec, & city code. Best wishes, George (MN)

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NYC allows detecting in most parks with a free permit. Central Park is off limits currently.

Hunt-A-Lot

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Metaldetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I would be happy just same if i could pay what ever and hunt any where with out being bothered..... Nice Comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I'm going to get jumped on, but i wish more areas would require permits. This would discourage the wrong type of people and I would find less open 20"" holes with pop cans in the bottom of them.
If you had to PAY to hunt, you would take it more seriously.

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple.
They want your money.
If they could find a way to tax you for the number of curtains you have in your house, they would.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
permits? Did Mr. Savage start this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread