NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I watched with an open mind, and was ok with the things they dug, UNTIL..... an INTACT cloth bag of coins, with everything from Barbers to pieces of eight......Can you say BS? I refuse to believe that actually happened, and I have decided to never watch the show again. Add to that the cross that "could be 800 years old".......GAH! I can barely even think right now,

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and that crescent wrench? I have one three times that size, if I claim it was used to repair the boilers on riverboats in New Orleans can I claim it's worth 10,000$?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The entire show is a steaming dung heap.

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first attempt at making it through the entire show...and it took effort.
This was nothing short of fiction, as has been pointed out cloth bags containing coins over 100 years old (and much more, if they were not taking, "dramatic license" with that, too) simply do not come out of the ground looking as if they were buried 3 months ago. The adjustable wrench deal was simply absurd.
The problem, as you all well know, is that people not into the hobby as we are are going to make the same assumption about this Steaming Dung Heap (thanks C.M for the perfect description) as they do everything else they see on the tube...
that it is real.
This adds to the problem we already have with this show in particular...their complete lack of tactical skill and almost cartoonish way they go about their, "business" is not going to endear us to anyone anywhere. Couple that with trying to pull the wool over folks eyes' regarding what they, "find"....well it just can't suck enough. The sooner this is relegated to the Home for Really Bad TV Shows That Should Never Have Happened In The First Place, the better.

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like bad gas, this show too will pass. All reality shows are CANCER! The reality show era cannot end soon enough. Tell your family and friends to avoid these shows, because if people keep watching they'll just keep making more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread