Dont like American Digger? Why not say it!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes sir i sure miss Ric Savage … ​BOOM BABY….. th.jpeg :laughing9:And i know you all here miss it also :laughing9:

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
tired of watching someone finding a bunch of junk, it's like watching american pickers. why not show people out nugget shooting instead. If you seen one american digger show, than you've seen them all.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not haters it is just about as boring as things can get watching these metal detecting shows … And like John said why not show nugget hunting ……. But nugget hunting Videos are also boring ….. They are all so boring i do not watch metal detecting shows on TV and i tried to watch on you tube like some said and they all are just as bad ……. Metal detecting shows on tv or on youtube not for me …

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me a minute to think what show you where talking about.I am not really big into the detecting shows,but watch diggers sometimes.From what i can remember American digger was the better one.Does it still come on,I havn;t seen it in awhile?

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I am cringing about the giant backhoes that he is using to tear up someones yard with no consideration for the property owner. I hate how he only does it for money, showing the price tag of each object after finding it, and does not care about the history of any finds, that is not how most of us think, sometimes the cheapest most insignificant things mean the most to me. A large cent worth a couple bucks in it's poor condition gives me the thrill of a million dollars. I think he gives the hobby a very bad name and represents metal detectorists poorly, I will be harder to get permission now.. I have not heard of anyone on here using a backhoe.

Though I always laugh when he says his famous line!

Just my thoughts, Coinman123,

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haters gotta hate

not hatin, everybody has freedom of speech ya know... why watch some boring old crap when i can go do something else? theres good tv and garbage tv...

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am cringing about the giant backhoes that he is using to tear up someones yard with no consideration for the property owner. I hate how he only does it for money, showing the price tag of each object after finding it, and does not care about the history of any finds, that is not how most of us think, sometimes the cheapest most insignificant things mean the most to me. A large cent worth a couple bucks in it's poor condition gives me the thrill of a million dollars. I think he gives the hobby a very bad name and represents metal detectorists poorly, I will be harder to get permission now.. I have not heard of anyone on here using a backhoe.

Though I always laugh when he says his famous line!

Just my thoughts, Coinman123,
:laughing7:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Another good Topic IP, I can't say I particularly care for the show but I'll bet my shirt that Spike and Garrett sure do :laughing7:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with those who are happy that the show is gone for sure. I do not want to go to treasure hunting with fat people yelling Boom Baby.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gotta love old threads....boom baby went boom...hes prolly a mgr at a bowling alley from 11 pm till 6 am

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not watch the diggers show and these Silverslingers i just had my full of them they post there videos every were .. i wish they would just go away..I do not watch metal detecting shows they bore me .......But Ric Savage American Diggers they sure did not bore me...i did like that show that every one went in the lynch mob way of things ..and had the show shut down ... I REALLY HATE LYNCH MOB MENTALITY AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED THERE.... SOMEONE DID NOT LIKE IT SO EVERY ONE ELSE FOLLOWED ALONG LIKE SHEEP ... THEY ALL WANTED TO LOOK GOOD TO EACH OTHER .. NO MATTER WHO OR WHAT THEY HURT ....... ONE OF THE TV SHOWS I LIKED WAS " BOOM BABY" -----YES I DO HATE LYNCH MOB MENTALITY------ And now Ric Savage has a good radio show and he is doing very very well..... he was not the hater or crazy one i think that most like that was you know were...

Last edited:

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have watched a few MD shows both on TV and You tube. American Diggers is straight trash. I couldn't stand the boom baby buffoon. Diggers is better but still not the greatest. When it comes to Youtube you get more bang for the buck. I like to watch a lot of deep Digger Dan. He is funnier then the Diggers crew. He is also in touch with his fans. I know that having a treasure show has to be hard to keep one in tuned to it. but as long as its not that American Diggers dude I am good and will continue to watch

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ill watch the show if I'm bored, cant find new videos on Youtube by my favorite detectorists, and I cant actually go dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread