Looking for a (GIS) geographic information system Link i saw on here 2 weeks ago

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,
Looking for a (GIS) geographic information system Link i saw on here 2 weeks ago. Ive never used GIS before and i thought the site was really neat. It was free to use and did not require any downloads. You could get a satellite view of properties and their boundaries. You could also see the owners name of property and what their property taxes are.
I looked in the search on this forum and i could not find it, guess im not sure of the heading name or exactly where i found it.
thanks

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If someone could tell me the link to GIS maps that they use, that would also be helpful.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just want to say thanks for replying you two.
Havent been here much lately, since the format of this site changed, it has been running super slow on my pc. too slow.

The info you gave me swarz is exactly what i was looking for.

You can search for a piece of property by its address and find out who the owner is, and also view the properties boundaries.

Is there a way to find out who owns the property, if you dont know the address or who the owner is.
I saw an option search by parcel, but im not sure how to find the parcel #.

How do i find the parcel #?

I think you can maybe goto the county courthouse to find out who the owner is, but im not sure what to ask for.
Was wondering if you could do this online by using gis, or some other way.

thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread