Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks get ready I'm going to vent here .....ok in just 2 episodes Ric Savage an the TV reality show American Diggers is really really pissing me off .I caught the first show an within the first 10 minutes I was sitting there mouth open an starting to stew . Watching these (putting it nicely) fools make everyone of us metal detectorist look like jerks in the non detectorist community . Ric Savage is just a loud mouth punk that needs to stay in wrestling with a bunch of the other idots . The point of metal detecting isnt to sell every single piece you find an brag about .Sure allot of us me included have sold a piece or two or even given it to another detectorist. Watching Ric Savage get almost mad because people tell him no after his speal about rapeing their property for very little profit is funny . I find it amazing how these guys can walk 5 feet an find things most of us have spent years looking for an hours an hours never to find ......can we say planted .......I meen come on you dont just walk out into a random field see a hole an pull out a beautiful CW Pistol sorry it just dont work that way . Finding such a piece is a achivement you proudly share in our community , make a display to show at your home , if it dont meen anything to you donate it to a local museam to display the local history .......Sorry I know I'm really on a rant here but just dont understand how much this show just grinds my gears .

I know in the tv world their job is entertainment an that all these new reality shows are just another fad of the allmighty tv , I for one rarely watch tv anymore because of all this trash an this sho is just one more fine POS showing up . To Ric Savage , Spike TV, American Digger I say SCREW YOU and SHAME ON YOU . And I for one will not watch another minute of this show or go without telling my friends to do the same .

Ok I'm back to breathing an the heart rate has gone back to normal feel free to tell me I'm wrong an a jerk .

HH Tank

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If Savage was even sighted nearby I would call the men in white.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said, Tank69

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tank69,

I am with you. Im about to fire an e mail to spike TV about the show. I am guesing they wont care but its worth a shot. Especially if they get a lot of them!!

budrow

Feb 15, 2010
I wouldn't let him near my place he's reckless,talks stupid, and he really showed how to fix a pvc warer pipe leak with a piece of tape and putty, was that the way it was in the ground when he got there? I guess he never heard of call the gas company before you flail a pick in the ground thank God it was a water line not a gas line it probably would of leveled the whole block. I see the show as short lived, he'll get sued for property damage or something close to it or fined big time.

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
white's and explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trust me on this, you are in the same boat as a lot of others when it comes to this BS show. everything they dig up has been planted...EVERYTHING!! there is no way that a bear trap from the late 1800's would come out of the ground in working order. THIS SHOW IS AS FAKE AS HIS WRESTLING, IF NOT MORE SO!! come on spike t.v give us a break and bury this trash so a true dectectorist can find it in 30 or 40 years and put in their trash pouch where it belongs!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be kind of fun to find out where they were planning to be, and digging up all their planted "finds" the night before, and replacing them with beer cans.

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be kind of fun to find out where they were planning to be, and digging up all their planted "finds" the night before, and replacing them with beer cans.

THIS! Full of WIN!!!:notworthy:

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69,

I am with you. Im about to fire an e mail to spike TV about the show. I am guesing they wont care but its worth a shot. Especially if they get a lot of them!!

I think everyone who cares about this hobby should send an email to Spike TV AND the advertisers! Negative response will help to get this show cancelled.
Anything to stop this show! END THE CANCER NOW!!!

sleepwalker

Mar 30, 2012
Owen County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i never heard of the show until this thread...i watched a clip of it on youtube and i have to agree with the OP ... HH

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its crazy the way they dig a whole with a shovel and pickaxe. They throw the dirt everywhere and just hack away!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg If I didn't like a show I wouldn't watch it once much less twice, but I guess it gives you a target to shoot at. In case you haven't noticed, TV is full of BS shows. Live with it or turn it off.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guy is a complete M-O-R-O-N, as well as his "crew". If you really want to stop this show sign the petition against it-http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-spike-tv-from-looting-our-collective-past Although I don't agree with alot of the comments by archies and wanna be archies, I do agree this show needs to go, it's an embarassment to the hobby.

Signed it. And as much as I DON'T agree with the jealous archies who are afraid ALL detectorists are bad, this show HAS to be stopped.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy is a complete M-O-R-O-N, as well as his "crew". If you really want to stop this show sign the petition against it-http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-spike-tv-from-looting-our-collective-past Although I don't agree with alot of the comments by archies and wanna be archies, I do agree this show needs to go, it's an embarassment to the hobby.

NO! NO! NO!

That website is nothing you want to be part of! Signing anything there will not help us. If you want to voice an opinion then voice it to the network directly.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO! NO! NO!

That website is nothing you want to be part of! Signing anything there will not help us. If you want to voice an opinion then voice it to the network directly.
I don't give a crap about the website, all is know is the show has got to go. The name of it reminds me of the Obamanator's campaign slogan though. Of course if any private or personal info has to be given then they can forget about me signing anything. I just found them doing a quick search for stuff against the tv show.

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the third episode last night where they brought in a pro. driller, then a excavator to dig a 30 ft. hole to find a few megladon teeth, that they sold for $3500.00 I think. Unbelievable! If I seen them filming I would throw rocks at them. Hopefuuly they cancel the show before too much of the general public see it. Just my humble opinion.........Scott.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions