Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a link to a favorite set of tools and some way to carry them?
I have a (heavy) serrated trowel and no holster.
I would like a kit that maybe has a trowel, probe, belt holster & a sand scoop and some kind of pouch.
Instead of spending money on seperate items and making mistakes (trial & error) I thought someone might have purchased something they are happy with.

thanks

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I've seen a lot of people use either a carpenter's pouch or a lineman pouch. I just have a knife in a sheath with a shotshell pouch clipped on to a nylon shotgun shell belt that I got at Wal-Mart. The shell holders come in handy to carry extra 9 volt batteries, a file, and a brass probe.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ordered from this website: http://www.jimmysierra.com/pouchZ.htm I bought the Sierra Digging Kit which comes with a very sturdy coin popper and probe, the pouch has many deep pockets to hold your digger and pinpointer.

He has a great product line of fine treasure hunting tools and equipment, ships fast (I rec'd mine priority mail). Click on "Diggers" I don't think you'll find the Lesche Digger any CHEAPER than Jimmy Sierra sells it!

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Stalker said:
I have ordered from this website: http://www.jimmysierra.com/pouchZ.htm I bought the Sierra Digging Kit which comes with a very sturdy coin popper and probe, the pouch has many deep pockets to hold your digger and pinpointer.

He has a great product line of fine treasure hunting tools and equipment, ships fast (I rec'd mine priority mail). Click on "Diggers" I don't think you'll find the Lesche Digger any CHEAPER than Jimmy Sierra sells it!

I checked them out ...looks good.
How do you fasten the Digging Kit pouch.....to your belt?? with ties???

thanks

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aussie, the Jimmy Sierra pouch has a very large slot sewn into the back side of it, you slip your belt through it. I use an old army belt to carry a canteen and the jimmy s. pouch, snap the whole thing around my waist and go. ;D

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
I've seen a lot of people use either a carpenter's pouch or a lineman pouch. I just have a knife in a sheath with a shotshell pouch clipped on to a nylon shotgun shell belt that I got at Wal-Mart. The shell holders come in handy to carry extra 9 volt batteries, a file, and a brass probe.

Thanks...I'll check out Wal-Mart and see what they have.

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Stalker said:
Aussie, the Jimmy Sierra pouch has a very large slot sewn into the back side of it, you slip your belt through it. I use an old army belt to carry a canteen and the jimmy s. pouch, snap the whole thing around my waist and go. ;D

Ok sounds like just what I need, thanks!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
AO,

I don't really like stuff hanging on my belt.

Was looking into something but decided hell with
it. Plus my pinpointer is on my machine, (sunray).

Took some leather I had left after working on some
moccasins and made my own trowel holder. ;D

Snip, snip, tie, tie, bingo. ;)

have a good un..............

Attachments

• trowel 1 (Small).JPG
    trowel 1 (Small).JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 222
  • trowel 2 (Small).JPG
    trowel 2 (Small).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 220

Top Member Reactions