Be careful what you say on the Interwebz.....

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's another example of freedom of speech being taken away from us. The two key words in his statement were "If" and "Could". Therefore showing no actual intent. Was it a smart thing to say, probably not, did he have the right to say what he did, your darn right.In true democratic style, this is what happens when liberals run rampant without restraint. Give them a chance and they will rip the U.S. Constitution to shreds, it's already being picked apart piece by piece.

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The part I really love is how they turned the word pistol into "assualt rifle" and because he expressed his disagreement with what the groups agenda was, as far as suction dredging is concerned, turned his comment to he was going to "assasinate" them? both of those words ring pretty deaply. Gotta love the media!!!! I love how the media target the suction dredgers as heathons who destroy our environment, and the media paints a picture through small bits of footage they gather on scene or from stock footage that anytime you see a suction dredge there is an oil slick and dead fish all around. I am sorry folks but what about the "gorilla growers" packing more heat than the average miner, oh and as for their trash? I pick it up, throw it in my truck for the dump or burn it off, heathon miner, I have seen claims that folks come out to after a winter and the partiers have left broken beer bottles, burned up mattresses, tires, all sorts of stuff, who cleans it up? Heathon miner, not to mention all the sh*^ they throw into the creek, and we as miners clean this up and the gold is our payment.... as for spils comment he has every right to let people know that people pack in the woods, I meen duh, this is the woods lions and tigers and bears, oh my... And I am sure that this group has not only upset miners but other folks who rely on the woods for their living, and I am sure they're packing as well, but because a miner said the comment we are heathons.. I challenge a reporter and camera crew to come spend the day with me on the river so they can see for themselves what really goes on in the underwater world, we had a small mouth and a crap load of fry every morning sitting in our nice little habitat we created for them. ok I gotta get off the soap box, and that article was printed in march of '10 I wonder why it would have taken so long to shut em down for such a serious threat? I mean a pistol is now an "assault riffle" George

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had to reread that post, oops I meant "execute" not "assasinate" and he did say assault riffle, however he did say "if a guy was pissed off enough" that never implied him now did it? Hell it could have been a logger, gorrilla farmer, mushroom picker, firewood hauler. I mean the list goes on and on, he never implied himself as being the pissed off guy.... stupid... ok I am done....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Absolutely, but can we afford it? probably not, or wait we will just print more money, mmmnnnYESSSS, that'll work, but by god we have the money to fight honest men and women trying to seak out there little peice of fortune, or even supplement income in these still uncertain times.. WTH happened to the american dream? land of the free? as I see it little by little, day by day, we as citizens are loosing the battle to these groups, our elected officials, and media alike. I may just have a future in gorrilla mining!!! They protray stuff how they want, for ratings, I am getting tired of the gubment, and media feeding me a teaspoon of BS everyday I have a bad case of dragon breath.....

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Sen. Wyden can kiss my mushroom.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did any of you guys actually read the article?

Is it a joke to talk about taking someone out with a high powered riffle(sic)? Or is it a joke when someone actually does it?

Could someone tell me where the word "pistol" morphed into "assault rifle". The article has two different posts by the same person.

I dare any of you to make a joke about taking the next beach hunter you see out,or the next relic hunter. sheesh, this country is screwed up

enough without that kind of shizit.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did any of you guys actually read the article?

Is it a joke to talk about taking someone out with a high powered riffle(sic)? Or is it a joke when someone actually does it?

Could someone tell me where the word "pistol" morphed into "assault rifle". The article has two different posts by the same person.

I dare any of you to make a joke about taking the next beach hunter you see out,or the next relic hunter. sheesh, this country is screwed up

enough without that kind of shizit.

"Out in the woods on their own, hmm sounds like disaster," wrote Jaimie Garner, the man behind spilsnthrils, a month ahead of the March 6 hike. "If a guy was pissed off enough he could sit up in the woods with a high powered assault riffle (sic) and put an end to the whole group in one swift action."

Dave; with all due respect to your opinion, where does he say He was going to do it ?

how is this different then a Politician or news reporter saying, a terrorist could send dangers substances through the Mail ?

Or could take something on a plane ?

or a child could buy Bath salts in Head shops ?

it's all Just speculation. Right ?

if a Pilots name is Jack & a passenger yells hi to him, is that a threat ?
is it against the law for me to ask this ? because it may happen ?
if it is news reporters should be arrested for advertising Crack houses
and other Designer drugs in their news casts

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, read this slowly. Hmmm, they're going to Centralia tomorrow, I'm so tired of them, all it would take is.................

Would you feel safe going to Centralia tomorrow if you had plans to? Nowhere did I say anything concrete.

With the amount of nutcases with guns in this country, and I'm not calling everyone with a gun a nutcase, it gives one pause when dealing with scenarios.

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now Dave, with all do respect, I, and I am sure others, we see your point about the threat, yes, it could have been worded in not such a harsh manner. However if I or the group I am trekking with had pissed off a whole populace of people I would be fully expecting an ambush of some sort or another whether it be tar and feathering or "execution" I took it as him sending out a warning that these folks have pissed of alot of people not just miners and alot of these people are packing anything from a pistol to an assault riffle. Or hell you could even have a demolitions expert who is ex military who they have ticked off in such a manner to use his expertise against them. Spils did say, "I think I will show up with a gold pan, classifier and a pistol." Well color me purple, I dont go anywhere in the brush without protection, doesnt meen I am going to use it, but critters do sneak up!! so heads up all, I pack when I prospect....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, read this slowly. Hmmm, they're going to Centralia tomorrow, I'm so tired of them, all it would take is.................

Would you feel safe going to Centralia tomorrow if you had plans to? Nowhere did I say anything concrete.

With the amount of nutcases with guns in this country, and I'm not calling everyone with a gun a nutcase, it gives one pause when dealing with scenarios.

As quoted dave, I'd be a Little Nervous because nothing above is Mentioned.
leaving it open for speculation of :dontknow: What ? Calling the Police ? An Irate Nutzo ? :tongue3:
Speculation of getting hurt from the Mine Fire ? :tongue3:
of course I'd still go if I Made plans to. no threat was made.

even If your sentence above actually added a Speculative scenario ie: Someone with a High powered Rifle,
I'd LOL & go :laughing7:

You apparently don't know me very well.

it would take a "Jeff, if you go to Centralia tomorrow, I will be waiting for you,
and blow your head off" to get me to call the Police & say,
"I'm going to Centralia tomorow, I Received a threat, Just thought you should Know"

a Little off topic I Guess, years ago when I worked the door at a Night club, I received
a phone call one morning "Stay away from Williamstown !" & they hung up.
No Brainer for Me, hop in the car & Drive to Williamstown :laughing7: spent hours
driving the streets, & stopping & talking to people, & asking questions.
went to the Nightclub that night which happened to be in williamstown asked there,
Nothing ? a few Jerks showed up & Tried to take down the owner of the bar
before the night was over, but telling me to stay away just made me spend extra time there :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Dave, with all do respect, I, and I am sure others, we see your point about the threat, yes, it could have been worded in not such a harsh manner. However if I or the group I am trekking with had pissed off a whole populace of people I would be fully expecting an ambush of some sort or another whether it be tar and feathering or "execution" I took it as him sending out a warning that these folks have pissed of alot of people not just miners and alot of these people are packing anything from a pistol to an assault riffle. Or hell you could even have a demolitions expert who is ex military who they have ticked off in such a manner to use his expertise against them. Spils did say, "I think I will show up with a gold pan, classifier and a pistol." Well color me purple, I dont go anywhere in the brush without protection, doesnt meen I am going to use it, but critters do sneak up!! so heads up all, I pack when I prospect....

So he's Scared & Taking a pistol because he fears assault Rifles ? :dontknow:

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So he's Scared & Taking a pistol because he fears assault Rifles ?

Who knows why he packs in his situation, but I know for my situation some places I have prospected have been where "gorilla farmers" like to be as well and I will tell you what, those people will shoot first ask questions later. I have been snuck up on by cougars, had a brown bear that was a bit to curious and a nice shot PAST the critter scared him off. I try to make as much noise as I can when I am in the woods but some animals or pot growers just get a bit to curious about whats going on in their woods for my liking. :icon_thumright:

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same kind of thing a long time ago and was accused of threatening a political figure. The guy jumped all over me when I said that that person should be careful because they were making an unpopular choice for the people that they represented.
I did not mean it in any kind of direct threatening way. It was just a factual statement based on the types of things they put on the news these days, but the idiot who acused me tried to make it sound that way. I had to do alot of backpeddaling and this scared me into not being so expressive of my views on the internet. So, I agree. The best way to avoid this kind of thing is not to express those opinions in a public forum unless you are up for taking a ration of crap for what you said and how people receive it.
One thing to remember, an old saying that still holds true: It's all in the eyes of the beholder.
and how the lawyers and others want to twist it..
One other thing. If you post it on the internet, it's there FOREVER.

Last edited:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I've never been to Oregon and have no opinion on the local dispute. I would say talking about executing a bunch of hikers from a distance on a is real high on the list of stupid things to say on a public forum, and could easily be interpreted by the hikers as a threat, attempt to intimidate, or incitement to violence. I would have second thoughts about going on that hike. About the last thing people need when they're out getting back to nature is the thought that some loon is thinking about shooting them. Whether or not he intended to, the poster did all of that. Posting on a public forum is NOT the same as joking around with your buds at the bar. You're putting it out there for everyone and anyone to see, and you better expect harsh or literal interpretations. There's a world of difference between insulting someone publicly and suggesting violence against them.

Ziess

Apr 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys realize that article was from 2 years ago? Right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread