Computer program for finds

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I can help you. Detect more, screw around with computers less. You're Welcome.

OP
OP
DocLes

DocLes

Greenie
Apr 20, 2009
Van Buren, AR
Yes, I can help you. Detect more, screw around with computers less. You're Welcome.

I tend to use more of a scientific approach. The more information I have at my fingertips
the better. Guess I will have to wait for a better answer. But thanks anyway.

CladMagnet

Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the way things are heading....pencil paper and a good place to hide it

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Figuring and recording where to detect/which spots have given up what/what spots of a site I've not yet detected, and keeping maps and notes onhand seems to increase success. Maybe that's just me though, and instead I should just be heading out the door as soon as I wake looking for any random clear ground.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Figuring and recording where to detect/which spots have given up what/what spots of a site I've not yet detected, and keeping maps and notes onhand seems to increase success. Maybe that's just me though, and instead I should just be heading out the door as soon as I wake looking for any random clear ground.

I agree with you heepiepow. Keeping notes and research does increase success. Just going on random hunts without any plan or method without knowing the history or background will probably lead to frustration.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i don't need a program for my finds....... If they are good i sell them ....And if bad i junk them..... And i don't look back only ahead........ Terry Soloman gave you good advice......... Hunt more look at your screen less....

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Microsoft Office and Excel work great for me. Been anally organizing my finds since 2000, was a pain when I originally had most of my info in "Work". Had to find an old copy, since Office wouldn't recognize that software.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also thumb-tacking on Google Earth can help with locations.
Or Streets and Trips.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I want this too. I want to be able to record date and time and location and the weather and temps and which way the wind was blowing and what the relative humidity was, and what the soil moisture content and soil temperatures were, and the elevation of the site above sea level, and whom happened to be hunting with me that day, and what they in fact found that trip, and the depth and description and condition of the find(s), and the exact GPS location of the finds, and what mood I was in, and if there were any butterflies or other fauna skittering about, and if it was forested, or clean lawn, or saltwater or fresh water, and the hottness of the particular soil. But then I want to expand and categorize the trips by most to least productive, and be able to do searches on the number of trash finds made, including, but not limited to rusty steel bottle caps or newer not so rusty bottle caps, and pull tabs, and the type and style of pull tabs and foil wads and twisted ragged can slaw finds and nails, big, small, rusty, straight, bent. Not to mention the model of machine used, and the coil used, and the settings of the particular machine used when finding the find, such as sensitivity and scrim and whether or not I was close to neutral gb. Also, a rating for trashyness of the site from 1 to 10, 1 being totally clean, and ten being a public park. But, it would also be nice to record the presence of stranger enemy tectorist dude(s), if encountered, including anecdotal info of the killer finds they told you that they had made years ago at the particular site. And what the names and addresses and phone numbers are of new leads. That's just a start.

Last edited:

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i don't need a program for my finds....... If they are good i sell them ....And if bad i junk them..... And i don't look back only ahead........ Terry Soloman gave you good advice......... Hunt more look at your screen less....
Same here, money in the back pocket :icon_thumleft:
you don't forget that. But I research all my sites via google earth, print out and save.

SS

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, when you have collected a record of your finds, don't forget to make an extra copy for the IRS. Just attach it to your tax return.

It's ok to keep a copy of your research,Never keep a record of your finds ! Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to keep meticulous records on 3X5 cards. Then brought them home to put into a computer database... till I got behind. Then it became a chore... so I gave it up. I still think it's a good idea to record the results of a new machine.... more so to get to know its controls rather than finds. TTC

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I want this too. I want to be able to record date and time and location and the weather and temps and which way the wind was blowing and what the relative humidity was, and what the soil moisture content and soil temperatures were, and the elevation of the site above sea level, and whom happened to be hunting with me that day, and what they in fact found that trip, and the depth and description and condition of the find(s), and the exact GPS location of the finds, and what mood I was in, and if there were any butterflies or other fauna skittering about, and if it was forested, or clean lawn, or saltwater or fresh water, and the hottness of the particular soil. But then I want to expand and categorize the trips by most to least productive, and be able to do searches on the number of trash finds made, including, but not limited to rusty steel bottle caps or newer not so rusty bottle caps, and pull tabs, and the type and style of pull tabs and foil wads and twisted ragged can slaw finds and nails, big, small, rusty, straight, bent. Not to mention the model of machine used, and the coil used, and the settings of the particular machine used when finding the find, such as sensitivity and scrim and whether or not I was close to neutral gb. Also, a rating for trashyness of the site from 1 to 10, 1 being totally clean, and ten being a public park. But, it would also be nice to record the presence of stranger enemy tectorist dude(s), if encountered, including anecdotal info of the killer finds they told you that they had made years ago at the particular site. And what the names and addresses and phone numbers are of new leads. That's just a start.
That is what it sounds like to me also all those records that mean nothing..........Right on gleaner ..... What they want to do i more work than it is worth...... Once i sold my good finds ..... I could care less were i found them...... If i really want to know I got it on file in my head.....I just don't understand keeping all those records..... It is work that means nothing...

Last edited:

kronos1962

Greenie
May 15, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to guess that my post was missed. This free software can do most all of what you want. It has been around for a while. I bet if there is something else you would like it to do, the creators might add it in future updates.

I didn't. It looks pretty good. Thanks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread