Got an Hour to Help Our Hobby?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you believe that the Spike TV show, “American Diggers,” American Digger | Treasure Hunting, Artifacts | Spike is sending the wrong message and painting everyone that swings a metal detector as a profit-seeking moron bent on digging up America in search of rusted relics and prehistoric shark teeth, please take an hour out of your busy life and send a few emails to the sponsors. I went to the trouble of making it VERY easy for you. God Bless.

5-Hour Energy - Contact Living Essentials about 5-hour ENERGY®

Hotwire.com - Join Hotwire's Travel Marketing Affiliate Network!

EHarmony.com - eHarmony User Login

Microsoft - https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1539&ws=corpinfo&ws=mscom

Burger King - BURGER KING® - Contact Form

Red Lobster - Red Lobster - Contact Us

Domino’s Pizza - https://info.dominos.com/dominos_pizza/contact.nsf/frmContact?openform

Pizza Hut - Contact Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut Headquarters, Franchise & Nutrition Information

McDonald’s - Social Responsibility :: McDonalds.com

Carl’s Jr. - Carl’s Jr.®

Hardees - Hardee’s®

Subway - SUBWAY Restaurant Customer Service Form

Esurance / Allstate - Esurance - Send Us an Email

AT & T - AT&T - Contact Us

Chevrolet - Chevy | Help - Contact Us | Chevrolet

Subaru - https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html

Fiat - Fiat / ContactUs

Dodge - Dodge - Contact Us

Sketchers - http://www.skechers.com/info/contact-us

Schick - Schick® | Contact Us

Edge Shaving Cream - Schick® | Contact Us

O’Reilly Auto Parts - Ask a Question

Pep Boys - Customer Care: Contact Us | Pep Boys

Purolator - Contact Us

Sears - Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the same stuff that the Archies are doing. Why help their cause, its just a show.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that trouble to stop a TV show ...are you serious?.....I think Ill stop watching NASCAR because some of the cars are my competition

pops9653

Apr 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this show giving the Arkies ammo for stopping metal detecting? Will the show help or hurt the hobby? I think it may bring more people into the hobby which could be good. We just need to make sure they all know the code of ethics.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that trouble to stop a TV show ...are you serious?.....I think Ill stop watching NASCAR because some of the cars are my competition
As a matter of fact Im gonna quit watching ESPN because they have been advertising GM & I like Fords!

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this show giving the Arkies ammo for stopping metal detecting? Will the show help or hurt the hobby? I think it may bring more people into the hobby which could be good. We just need to make sure they all know the code of ethics.

This!

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spend less time watching TV Detect more, screw around with computers less. You're Welcome.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all done and did it in 38 minutes flat. ...all except the e-harmony. anyone that desperate for a date deserves to buy in the online dating BS. you know who you are....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really consider everyone who treasure hunts for profit to be a moron, perhaps you should find a history site or an archeological site instead of a treasure hunting site. :dontknow: A lot of folks on this treasure hunting site are treasure hunters and profit seekers, who likewise, appreciate history.

Just to add, I don't agree with the nature of the show or of their methods, so maybe just "morons" works. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the same stuff that the Archies are doing. Why help their cause, its just a show.

Wait, aren't you one of the guys on the Nat Geo show we were able to get yanked? You guys need to be tarred and feathered and ridden out of the metal detecting community on a rail. Frankly, I'm more than surprised you have the courage to stick your head up here. Shame on you and National Geographic!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

So how do you think NASCAR would react to a show that featured NASCAR cars racing on City streets with no clue or safty concerns? Think they might want to shut that show down?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yes, this show hurts our hobby - period. And if it does bring in "New" hobbyists, it is bringing them in for all the wrong reasons. Stopping this show will help metal detecting.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you really consider everyone who treasure hunts for profit to be a moron, perhaps you should find a history site or an archeological site instead of a treasure hunting site. :dontknow: A lot of folks on this treasure hunting site are treasure hunters and profit seekers, who likewise, appreciate history.

Just to add, I don't agree with the nature of the show or of their methods, so maybe just "morons" works. :icon_thumright:

Don't put your words in my mouth Big. You know exactly what I'm saying. If you don't agree that is fine, but there is no need to try and spin what I have said. This is about public perception of our hobby, and if you want Mr. Savage to represent YOU, and OUR hobby that's fine - but it is not OK with me. I think Savage portrays a moron on TV, just like Mr. Montana and his buddy who like to find empty toothpaste tubes at prisons. Seriously?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. I know what you mean about the questionable representation, but all the complaining in the world isn't going to stop them if the viewer numbers are there, which apparently, they are. There is both good and bad in this, and probably more bad, but the hobby is growing because of it and there is added strength in numbers so I'm trying to focus on that lone positive. I think there is opportunity here if it can just be channeled in the right direction and with the support of the industry and community. Since we can't stop it, then try to find ways to use it to our hobby's advantage. The stronger the industry becomes the more resistance "it could possibly" possess against those who are trying to stop it. Catch 22 for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread