Well, that was disappointing!

Shamus

Sep 27, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I went to detect the local elementary school that's a few blocks away. My research showed that it was built in 1908, right around the time my neighborhood began being cleared and settled. I found that since the last time I'd walked by it (which was years ago) they'd torn down the old building and put up a new one. The playground is all cement! The only viable place is in the wood chips around the jungle jim and slides and stuff, and that was full of parents with their toddlers, taking advantage of a sunny, warm Saturday to take their kids out to play.

I thought about visiting an old park that's several blocks in the other direction but I can't find my long-shaft screwdriver (park rules say no digging, but they don't mention poking. :) ) There's another elementary school and a middle school within about 20 blocks or so but they're way newer too, being built in the '50s or '60s. The high school's close, but again, they tore down the original building a few years ago and built a new one. They built it where the old ball field used to be. Everything's been landscaped and new topsoil brought in. I wish I'd had my detector back then, when the old school was closed but before demolition began.

Rats! And I was hoping to have something for show and tell... er, Today's Finds. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions