Detectors Thumb

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Detector's Thumb

Not my thumb, but, my shoulder. The muscle between the shoulder blade and the spine. Sheesh that hurts me regularly, as, I make 5' - 6' linear sweeps. Covers more ground faster that way, as opposed to the arc-type swing recommended by the manuals. The arc-type swing really robs my elbow of any remaing comfort.

Laater...

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I hunt too early in the morning (not too early for the finds just the body) I get super numb in my arms. I think my subconcious takes over and controlls them cause I can't feel a darn thing.

Happy surgery.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000

My whole body should hurt but surprisingly it doesn't. I detected for about four hours in the surf on Saturday and dug dirt on Sunday. I think my muscles are finally building up since the surgery on my shoulders. I think metal detecting is therapeutic!

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

perhaps your grip is way too tight maybe a warm up is best before we detect as we use muskles we havem't used B4

if you get arm fatifue best to use a sholder harness to take the load off

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I normally don't get sore above the waist, my soreness always settles in my knees and upper thigh area.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When you get my age your butt gets sore from draggin it and stepping on it. :'( :'(

Burdie

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I notice that I tend to hold my detector with a four finger grip and then use the thumb on top of the machine to balance it...then I am sore...have to remind myself to grasp my fingers around the grip with my thumb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread