BigPete

Aug 28, 2011
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's M6 and rings

I've been metal detecting for about 9 months and have yet to find a ring. I was wondering at what VDI do rings register? I have not dug a lot of signals at the lower levels of the VDI ie....pull tabs , nickels etc., simply because there seems to be say many targets that are trash in that range and I only have so much energy. So, I've been sticking to the coin hits. Any suggestions on picking up some of those rings?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The TID of gold rings depends on the size of the ring . Small ones can read down at foil ..... and real big fat mens bands can read up around square tabs or corroded zinc . So it depends on size .

There are some places (like blighted junky turf ), where its simply not worth it. Try swimming beaches for better jewelry ratios .

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver will ring high i too was wondering when id hit 1 and i finaly found my first silver took me 4 weeks but i did it!....as for gold i cant dig all the pull tab nickel signals in the trashy parks or ball fields but as for the beach id dig everything ...

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it takes a lot of energy to find bunches of anything! dig everything!

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to dig everything there is no easy way around it...you have to put in the work if you want the Gold!

Happy Hunting!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a post on here of a ring collection a member found with a M6. It was an amazing collection!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread