Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try different elevations. According to what zoom level I am at, the house next door goes from complete, to half built, to an empty field, and back again.

Also try Bing maps...they have actual flyover pics at the most zoomed level.

Some things are going to be more visible according to the elevation, or time of day or year the images are from.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click "view".....click "historical Imagery"......a time frame bar will appear in the upper left of the screen. Use this bar to go from present day or to go back in time.

OP
OP
C

Curiousgirl0210

Greenie
Apr 21, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bing maps. I forgot about them. Historical imagery thats cool. Ty. The paticular map for my house only goes back to 1994 and it is a black and white grainy picture. How far has anyone seen this function go back?

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Curiousgirl0210

Greenie
Apr 21, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there sites that cater to gps users so if you find areas of interest you can locate with gps? Obviously just comparing maps you cant just guess at coordinates because you can be way off.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Is it possible google earth doctors their photos? I know they blurr out areas of startgic value but years ago it seemed that you could look at arial photos and see old roads, walkways and trails long forgotten. Not really noticeable anymore.

I don't think so, at least not on purpose. When Google earth first came out, they got into a big to-do with our government over images of area 51! At that time, it was not supposed to even exist- yet there it was - right where anybody with a computer could see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread