kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got any tips about using the garrett ace 250???
As said above youtube has alot of valuable info on that detector....also pinpointing is a little tricky here is a tip that helped me take a large piece of cardboard & tape coins on it ...flip it over & practice pinpointing ...use a knife & probe through to see how close you are...also get yourself an actual pinpointer (Garrett propointer) & this will help you find objects much quicker! GL hunting & welcome to T-net!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a 250. I have found several wheats and silver coins with it. I do this to pinpoint with it: Get a good, repeatable "bong" with it. Slowly and carefully, swing the coil side to side... moving it away and towards you to put the taget "halfway up the coil". Step 90 degrees to the target.... that is to say... ACTUALLY step around the target 90 degrees. Then move the coil side to side again while moving it away and back to you, centering the coin. DO NOT push the coil away from you instead of doing the step! If you DO THE STEP, you will shortly be able to pinpoint with it well enough to push a screwdriver into the ground and HIT the coin. If the repeatable signal is nolonger "bonging" after doing the step, and the display is popping up and down the display, don't bother digging. Hope I've been helpful. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread