research

TheSanDman333

Apr 22, 2012
Viola, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, so i live near a small community in arkansas called elizabeth. It has a church and post office. I hear my granparents talking about how long ago elizabeth was a boomin place. It had a hotel, general store, blacksmith, and numerous other businesses. The problem is im not exactly sure where they was located. I cnt find any info on the internet about it. im not sure where to look or who to ask.. any suggestions??

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the local history room of your city or county library. Find OLD people from your city. They will be tickled that you are asking them. REALLY! It will be hard to shut them up to leave. Try it! ( I will try that website, Kayden. Tnx) TTC

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Suggestions:
1. Call your nearest library and ask for telepone # of the Fulton Co. historian.
2. Call your nearest library and ask for the name(s) of newspapers that circulated locally during the time of your quest.
3. Ask that librarian where the archived records are of those newspapers (microfilm, microfiche, etc.)
4. Ask these same Qs to the Fulton Co. public librarian at their Research Desk.
Don........

OP
OP
TheSanDman333

TheSanDman333

Apr 22, 2012
Viola, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help, i will try all 0f this and see what i can find :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread