oklahoma bound

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I know a place that used to be good, Owen Park in Tulsa (1902). A guy in a treasure magazine in early '70s found huge # of silver coins there, including about 200 Barber Dimes! Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more has nice maps & info on towns, as does another site that shows all existing towns, demolished schools, & churches, closed post offices, in many cases they are in ghost towns, see US Cities & State Gazetteers: 179,000 community profiles & 1.8 million physical, cultural and historic features Best wishes, George (MN)

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Side in Tulsa has walking trails and such and they were used long before it was turned them into a rec area and I have friends who have found some neat fossils in the river. The park mentioned above sounds really neat. Where at in SE Ok?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everywhere, Jenkster! Lots of treasure tales and history in that part of my home state, and cannot begin to list them all. See if you can pick up a copy of Steve Wilson's 'Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Tales' while you're in the state. I won't call it the absolute gospel truth on treasure in Oklahoma, but it gives you an idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread