Class ring, exhausted all methods of finding owner. Anyone a pro at this?

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you contact the school?
What have you tried so far? Google the name or check on FACEBOOK for them.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have contacted the school, searched facebook, and googled. The ring only has initials, not a full name.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have tried the school yearbook for the initials, with no results... Keep it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send it to me, I wll see if I can find the proper owner.....:laughing7:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contact the History Teacher from the School that the ring is from.
I have done this twice with real good results.
They made it into a class project to find the owners.
Kevin

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is the class ring? From a small school or a large one? More info and youll get more advice.

Check with the local historical society and library - many keep high school yearbooks, school newspapers etc. Also the school may have them too. Talk to someone in the school office.
You can also check local newspapers for class reunions for that school. Contact the organizer - they usually have contacts, peoples whereabouts, etc.

Good luck

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm the one who actually found the ring. It's a ladies ring "West Bend High School" "Pride of 89". Has an indian on one side with a feather in his hair. I was never even able to find the school..none of the West Bend high schools that I found had an indian mascot.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you get to keep it. You tried, that's more than some do.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Over the last few years, many Wis high schools have had to change their mascots and team names. I guess some schools that were using Indian related names were offending some people. So, in '89 it could have had an Indian mascot, but it may have been changed since then.

Two years ago I found a 1984 class ring on a Sunday, and with the help of the school, was able to mail it back to the owner on Thursday.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you can not find the owner you spent a lot of time trying ...... It is now your ring keep it or do what i would do sell it......................You can't spend your whole life trying to find the owner...... get on with your own life...

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They may have changed the mascot. Over the last few years there have been several schools and colleges that have changed things like their mascot and school songs due to sensitivity for the feelings of Native Americans. So they could have changed since 1989.

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
My 6th sense. No seriously. I just use my intuition.
My dad has the metal detector. No clue what brand it is. You think he's gonna let me play around with it? NOPE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the one who actually found the ring. It's a ladies ring "West Bend High School" "Pride of 89". Has an indian on one side with a feather in his hair. I was never even able to find the school..none of the West Bend high schools that I found had an indian mascot.

Dude. Check Facebook for class reunion groups or events circa 89. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread